Vice President of Sales (Remote) at Garner Health
Garner’s mission is to reconfigure how the US healthcare system works. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We are looking for an experienced business development executive to lead our regional sales team. You’ll be overseeing Garner’s sales and revenue functions in your region, including managing partnerships with payers and consultants, building out your sales team, and managing all day-to-day sales activities. This role will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer.
While Garner is headquartered in NYC, this is a remote position: we are looking for someone with established broker/consultant relationships within the Midwest, South or Western US.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build out Garner’s distribution partnerships, including brokers, consultants, insurers, and providers (as needed)
- Hire and develop foundational sales teams
- Own the direct sales cycles and deploy sales objectives through the preparation and measuring of sales quotas, budgeting, training and hiring.
- Keep current with market knowledge and competitor products to effectively communicate the value proposition of a relationship with Garner
- Lead the sales team that you’re building and create a positive culture through mentorship, training and real-time feedback
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of deep sales experience with a focus on health benefits (medical, ancillary, vendor) via brokers, consultants, and insurers
- Existing relationships within the broker, consultant and insurance communities
- Minimum of 3+ years experience leading negotiations with sophisticated consultants and employers
- A data literacy with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive actions for your Sales pod
- Proven experience with developing processes (sales playbooks, KPIs, collateral creation, etc), and executing on sales strategies to promote long term success
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment with notable upside
- 2+ years of work experience at a venture backed, early stage company
- Comfort working with remote teams