VDI Account Executive at MacStadium (Atlanta, GA)
Meet MacStadium. We build cloud solutions to simplify Mac for business. We actively participate in and influence the Apple ecosystem in a cool way and have been a part of it since day one. Developers and end users at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and small teams rely on MacStadium’s innovative solutions every day. We have a passionate team of hard working, hard playing professionals with a big, shared vision. Come join us as we grow again!
Most recently MacStadium also added Mac VDI or remote desktops/workstations as well. This is a unique offering in the market that specifically targets the IT Admin business. With the continued trends of remote work and limited supplies of readily available hardware for new hires; Virtual Desktops (VDI) are top of mind options for IT teams. MacStadium is uniquely positioned having the only Mac VDI solution in the market!
Additionally, we’re now opening new channels via Direct Market Resellers (DMR’s). Some of the largest are positioned to do business with us including CDW, SHI, Insight, Carahsoft and more. As we expand these relationships, we anticipate these new channels growing to represent approximately 50% of our revenue.
What we need:
With the expected mass inbound of VDI opportunities coming directly from DMR’s; We are currently seeking a VDI Account Executive to help close and grow this influx of opportunities. This position is incredibly important as we are growing fast and working with some of the biggest names in technology by providing mission-critical infrastructure. The person in this role will work to create opportunities with these top accounts, close large deals, and grow the accounts after the initial land. We’re looking for an individual excited about creating and executing on new tactics for starting conversations with these accounts.
The right person for this role will be a self-starter with the ability to collaborate with team members and customers. A strong technical background is a must, given the nature of our team, product, and customer base. This role will report directly to the Director of Customer Success & Sales and ideally be based out of our Headquarters office at Piedmont Center in Atlanta near the corner of Piedmont and Lenox.
What you will be doing:
- Doing deep discovery to fully outline the customer’s needs
- Identifying internal champions and creating a plan to close the deal
- Working across prospects and MacStadium to close large deals in a timely fashion
- Creating and agreeing on plans to expand a customer’s environment post-close
- Creating expansion opportunities and closing them as quickly as possible
- Deepening the relationship within the account as they more fully adopt MacStadium
Handing off accounts
- Briefing other team members once most “large growth” within an account has been captured
- Working to ensure the new owner is up to speed and fully introduced to the account
Prospecting into top accounts
- Researching accounts to understand their needs and potential as customers
- Using cold outreach, warm intros, and other creative tactics to start conversations
- Converting those initial conversations into sales opportunities
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- 5 to 7 years of enterprise technology sales experience
- Solid background in consultative, technical sales role
- Proven track record of delivering above-quota results with high close rates
- Experience with sales motions to developers or engineers or IT Admin market
- Willingness to travel to meet key clients or attend events as needed
- Project management skills and the ability to meet or beat deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical mindset and work style
- Self-motivated, driven and results oriented
- Out-going personality for quickly connecting with assigned clients.
- Willing to serve multiple roles and “hunt” for business as directed to as well
What you will get section
Day one benefits. Coverage starts on day one. We offer competitive medical insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, health savings account, disability insurance, and company paid and voluntary life insurance.
Balanced life. We offer employees generous paid time-off policies, parental leave, holiday schedule, and a flexible work environment; MacStadium understands life also happens outside of work. Did we mention free company swag?
Solid future. Beyond competitive salary and 401(k) matching, MacStadium offers continuing education, professional development, and wellness reimbursements.