Underwriting Consultant- Cyber, E&O - Northeast at CNA
This role will be managing the Boston territory and can be located anywhere in the Northeast .
Individual contributor responsible for the overall management business development analysis and monitoring of a highly complex book of business of Cyber Insurance. Recognized as a technical expert in an underwriting specialty. Under general management direction works within broad limits of authority on assignments requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. May have regional industry segment or company-wide scope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Works on highly complex underwriting risks employing diagnostic and systematic analysis to assess acceptability. Develops specialized endorsement language for highly complex risk.
- Determines appropriate pricing of complex risks for assigned book of business based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements and with little oversight needed from superiors.
- Makes recommendations on underwriting policy and pricing strategy.
- Analyzes quality quantity and profitability of highly complex risks underwritten; prepares and presents reports to management.
- Markets products and services through agencies or through the brokerage community and makes field visits.
- Develops and maintains agency and/or broker relationships with large producers within the assigned territory to reach positive and profitable outcomes on complex high-risk business.
- Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
- Mentors and guides less experienced underwriters and assists in the development of underwriting training.
- Utilizes advanced functionality in relevant CNA systems to perform day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for special underwriting projects and presentations.
Director or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Advanced technical expertise underwriting skill and high level of knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum eight years underwriting experience.