Textbook Sales Associate at Informa (Remote)
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, crafting unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We strive to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a Textbook Sales Representative based from their home within the territory. The Representative will take the lead role in the team for Institutional course purchase deals, as well as working with a portfolio of academic institutions in a territory to promote our books for use as course textbooks.
You will become the team expert on Institutional eBook deals for course provision, advising the team on the processes, standard methodologies and solutions, as well as providing quotes to institutions and 3rd party partners. Responsibilities will also include closing new business and maintaining existing business by selling and developing relationships with faculty and universities to expand our growing textbook adoptions.
CLOSING DATE: May 2nd, 2022
What you'll be doing:
- Relationship management of a portfolio of higher education institutions, building a deep understanding of each customer needs to provide a tailored sales service to drive the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Developing alternative routes to market, including direct sales for print and digital content as appropriate, ensuring any direct commercial deals are consistent with the overall sales strategy
- Planning, scheduling and keeping in regular contact with key individuals, using consultative selling techniques and offering tailored and added new value solutions to improve sales opportunities
- Achieving and exceeding annual territory sales targets, contributing to the overall revenue and profit objectives of the division
- Analysing sales figures, running reports, maintaining our sales database and communicating with colleagues in the sales, marketing and editorial departments daily.
- Updating the Head Sales by the provision of reports on sales activities, highlighting any challenges and making recommendations for resolution
- Liaising with colleagues in other sales teams (field-based and internal) to ensure textbook sales information is provided effectively to achieve appropriate stockholding and sell-through
- Building and maintaining effective external and internal relationships
- Preparing for, attending, and contributing to sales meetings to build product knowledge, strategic awareness and to capture market relevant intelligence
- Accurate and timely maintenance of CRM systems
What we're looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to network with external customers and develop business
- Organization and time-management skills
- A proven track record in a sales environment, including working towards sales targets
- A commercial outlook with the ability to make recommendations to support sales targets
- A focus on customer satisfaction and service
- Intermediate level user of Salesforce
- Intermediate level user of Excel
- Proficient user of other core MS Office packages
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Life events leave; i.e. moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you're passionate about.
- You must have the right to work and live in United States
- Domestic and international travel to T&F offices may be required
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're passionate about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.