Territory Sales Manager - Southwest (Oklahoma City, OK) at ChemoCentryx (Remote)
ChemoCentryx is currently recruiting for a Territory Sales Manager (TSM) responsible for all sales activities in one of the assigned geographical area. The TSM will be responsible for maximizing sales to targeted customers within their territory. Customers include nephrologists, rheumatologists, nurses, pharmacists, hospitals and formulary committees. In this role, you will develop and execute a territory strategy and work collaboratively across the organization to address customer needs. This individual will have strong business acumen, be able to drive change through innovative approaches, demonstrate excellent communication skills and consistently deliver sales results. This role is a rare and unique opportunity for the individual who excels in a patient focused environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for consistently achieving or exceeding sales goals within the geographic area in a professional, compliant, ethical, and effective manner.
- Utilize effective selling skills and product knowledge to create and expand product understanding as well as appropriate patient identification.
- Execute brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message.
- Prepares and executes Business Plan for targeted customer segments utilizing all resources to monitor and manage business frequently
- Utilize sales tools, resources and supporting analysis to plan activity. Develop and execute plans to maximize selling resources.
- Provide feedback to Regional Sales Managers on market place trends, challenges, programs, response to promotion, and product access. Collaborate with the Regional Sales Manager to establish goals and implement plans to enhance current skill sets and sales results.
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales, communication & product knowledge training
- Perform company business in accordance with all regulations, company policy and procedures. Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards at all times.
- Manages territory budget and responsible for all required call reporting and administrative tasks
- Coordinates effectively with peers, internal departments, and customers to ensure that key issues are understood and addressed, and priorities are set appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent
- 8+ years pharmaceutical sales experience, at least 5+ years of specialty sales experience preferably in nephrology or rheumatology or nephrology.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action
- Highly effective organizational skills to implement a variety of programs, such as speaker programs and other activities
- Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience in overcoming issues and challenges associated with selling specialty products
- Problem solver, entrepreneurial spirit, proactively identifies customer style / behavior and adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach
- Good understanding of the managed care environment, hospital sales and specialty pharmacy products.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges
- Must be able to travel throughout the territory – overnight travel may often be required.
- Launch experience and rare disease experience strongly preferred.
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing. ChemoCentryx is building its commercial team and is looking for candidates who share our passion for science and to positively impact patients’ lives.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities.
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
At ChemoCentryx, our salary and benefits packages are among the most competitive in the industry. All our employees share the rewards of their work through a generous stock option program. We also offer 401K and Flexible Spending Accounts. ChemoCentryx employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance.
Effective September 1, 2021, ChemoCentryx requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with ChemoCentryx's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we adopted this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, candidates, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons.
As an equal opportunity employer, ChemoCentryx, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
ChemoCentryx, Inc. is enrolled in E-Verify® and participates in E-Verify® in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: ChemoCentryx, Inc. does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.