Territory Manager at NEXT
Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for a Territory Manager to join our Agency Channel team. Territory Managers are our sales and production 'sharp end of the stick'. You will be responsible for growing the agency base and optimizing our largest relationships for production. This role will be the engine for new agency prospecting, closing, appointing and onboarding, as well as directly impacting the success of Next. If you are passionate about strong relationship building and thrive in a dynamic environment, you belong on our team!
What You’ll Do
- Grow agency partnerships through prospecting, qualifying, onboarding and through collaboration with the agency marketing and agency customer service teams
- Partner with agencies to sell more Next policies to small business via direct outreach, marketing and training
- Be the voice-of-the-agent to internal teams and represent agent feedback on coverage and rates
- Work with the Product team on rolling out tools to grow agencies and retain customers on Next policies
- Enable Product and Operations teams to deliver key integrations to agent systems
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of experience in multiple facets of wholesaler/broker/carrier management
- Extensive experience in prospecting, qualifying, appointing and onboarding new Agencies/ Wholesalers
- Success generating new written premium from retail agencies and brokerages
- Experience in commercial insurance products
- Open to travel up to 25% as needed
- BA degree
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.