Technical Account Manager at MacStadium (Atlanta, GA)
Meet MacStadium. We build cloud solutions to simplify Mac for business. We actively participate in and influence the Apple ecosystem in a cool way and have been a part of it since day one. Developers and end users at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and small teams rely on MacStadium’s innovative solutions every day. We have a passionate team of hard working, hard playing professionals with a big, shared vision. Come join us as we grow again!
What we need:
We are looking to add Technical Account Managers (TAMs) that are excited to work with our customers to ensure they are getting the most out of their MacStadium infrastructure as they expand and update their clouds to meet their changing needs. Virtualization is hard to do on macOS, and MacStadium has multiple options including VMWare, Orka, and Anka. This role primarily focuses on ensuring customers are successful in setting up, operating, and maintaining their Mac clouds.
A primary use case is setting up Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for macOS (e.g., build and test for iOS and Mac apps). This will involve understanding each customer’s unique infrastructure needs and working with MacStadium infrastructure teams to ensure new customers are successful.
A strong technical background is a must given the nature of our team, product, and customer base. The right person for this role is a self-starter with the ability to collaborate with team members and third parties.
This position is incredibly important as we are growing fast and working with some of the biggest names in tech by providing mission-critical infrastructure. The person filling this role will build deep relationships with MacStadium’s most important customers and help them adopt new features, implement best practices, and respond to technical issues. As we’re still a small team, we’re looking for individuals excited about helping us to define new processes and making a big impact. This role will report directly to the Director of Customer & Emerging Technology Solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Join calls with sales to conduct technical discovery with new prospective customers
- Answer questions about MacStadium’s technology and services
Running Technical On-Boardings and POCs
- Walk customers through initial setup and access of their cloud systems including VMware, Anka, Orka, and bare metal clouds
- Familiarity with Terraform, Puppet, Chef or Ansible, and ability to articulate how these work with the MacStadium options
- Familiarity with CI tools (such as Jenkins, GitLab, Buildkite, etc)
- Act as a trusted technical advisor when customers have questions, concerns, or issues
- Coordinate MacStadium resources including App Support, Service Center, Engineering, Operations, and Development to ensure rapid issue escalation and resolution
- Build trust and long-term relationships with your Customers
- Protect and grow revenue by suggesting infrastructure improvements; identify and notify Sales of expansion and upsell opportunities within your accounts
- Assist Customer Success Managers contract renewals and account planning, and help customers get the most out of their investment in MacStadium’s infrastructure
- Actively promote MacStadium services to existing and new contacts within key accounts to grow deployments
The ideal candidate for this role will have a solid background in a consultative, technical sales, support, or customer success role. You are looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing company that lets you work closely with leading tech companies on their iOS development and infrastructure needs.
You are expected to measure, analyze, and report on performance and success of all projects and to be prepared to present findings to leadership as needed.
What Experience you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related STEM field (strongly preferred), or 4 extra years of relevant work experience
- At least 1-2 years of working with CI/CD or DevOps tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Startup experience (i.e., working in fast-paced, high growth environments)
- Experience learning and supporting technical products while working with engineers/developers
- Willingness to travel to meet key clients as needed
Important skills and qualities:
- Technical problem-solving
- Relationship building
- Project management and hitting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fit with company culture of hard, but fun, work
What you will get:
- Day one benefits. Coverage starts on day one. We offer competitive medical insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, health savings account, disability insurance, and company paid and voluntary life insurance.
- Balanced life. We offer employees generous paid time-off policies, parental leave, holiday schedule, and a flexible work environment; MacStadium understands life also happens outside of work. Did we mention free company swag?
- Solid future. Beyond competitive salary and 401(k) matching, MacStadium offers continuing education, professional development, and wellness reimbursements.
Our current U.S. office locations are in Atlanta, GA, Las Vegas, NV, and Sunnyvale, CA. While it would be ideal to have someone close in proximity to one of our offices for this role, we are also considering candidates that would be fully remote.
For Colorado applicants, the compensation range is $60,000 to $80,000.