Technical Account Manager (Remote) at Pachyderm
What it’s like being part of The Pach
Pachyderm is a rapidly growing, Series B company funded by the top VC’s — Benchmark, Decibel, M12, and YCombinator. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Pachyderm is still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Technical Account Manager at Pachyderm, you will be part of a small, elite, customer-facing engineering team (think Seal Team 6) devoted to solving challenging infrastructure and data platform issues for both our open source users and enterprise customers. This can be anything from debugging network issues to architecting complex machine learning pipelines to troubleshooting Kubernetes and Docker. This role is perfect for engineers who love working directly with customers and prefer to witness success alongside the user first-hand.
The Technical Account Manager will also be responsible for providing “white glove” technical service to Pachyderm customers by supporting, adopting and providing guidance over the Pachyderm platform. This is mostly a post-sales role focused on maximizing value for our enterprise deployments, but will also include working on PoCs, engaging with prominent OSS users, and being part of our broader customer success org. You will manage our customers through deployment, training, implementation of best practices, and ongoing troubleshooting. These projects can range from small projects at AI technology startups to fortune 100 enterprise implementations.
While you'll have direct access and support from our engineering team, you will also have ample opportunity to commit the core Pachyderm codebase yourself. As an open source project, detailed GitHub issues are great, but PRs are pure gold! You’ll also have direct exposure to our community of users via our open source support channels. At Pachyderm, OSS user and customer feedback is major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
- Advise on technical support and product adoption for customers in line with pre-sales, post-sales and the renewal processes
- Analyze customer’s Data Science Infrastructure on a regular basis and provide recommendations that will maximize Pachyderm’s value
- Be the customer’s advocate by knowing their goals and use cases then suggesting process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet their requirements
- Mentor and train the customer’s champions
- Participate and prepare for Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with customers
- Collaborate with Pachyderm’s product management, engineering and technical services teams to help identify new features and products
- Continuously evolve best practice to technical product adoption and customer success
- Possess a solid technical grounding with hands-on experience in a containerized infrastructure
- You have a never-ending passion for learning
- You are a self-starter, tech-savvy professional and it’s easy for you to understand a company’s business requirements and explain Pachyderm’s value and technical details to C-level executives, a technical guru and everything in between
- Previous hands on experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab etc..
- Containerization tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher etc..
- CLI experience, Linux, basic programming skills, debugging, installing tools
- Previous experience in Professional Services supporting Enterprise customers in the Data Science/ML infrastructure space
- You have experience using Pachyderm and/or other ML/Data Science platforms
- Development experience in Golang, Python, C/C++ or similar is great too
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, 99% dental and vision, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
We can’t wait to meet you and hope you’ll join our PACH!