Technical Account Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for the technical success of our largest merchants post-sale, advising their developers, product teams, and key business partners throughout the entire customer lifecycle. You will implement our products into merchants’ existing architecture and you will continue to work with them as they scale. You will help them not only to avoid pitfalls, but to take advantage of more of Affirm’s offerings, solving business objectives with technical strategies and product optimizations. Technical Account Managers are a part of the Engineering Team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Customer Success and Merchant Help teams.What You’ll Do
- Lead the technical relationships for a named set of merchants within a vertical or category; you will be responsible for building the trust of your technical counterparts while also fostering long-term relationships with all merchant partners
- Manage and provide technical guidance for new merchant integrations, reducing your merchants' risk by actively working with them to identify problematic technical approaches and driving new feature and product adoption with retail partners, including betas and pilots
- Support clients through their lifetime as Affirm partners; quickly resolve critical technical issues for your accounts; quarterback multi-departmental efforts to resolve complicated issues in a timely manner
- Provide early feedback to engineering and product teams while iterating on new products
- Identify areas to improve operational efficiencies and onboard our merchants more quickly
- 5+ years experience as a TAM, Solutions Engineer, or other customer facing technical role where you owned key developer relationships
- Comfortable reading code in at least two programming languages
- Exceptional communication skills, with a deep command of the written word (please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them!)
- Confidence and fluency when discussing technical concepts with developers
- Validated ability to lead important client relationships
- Strong project management skills, capable of influencing internal and external partners to stay on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of pushing yourself academically or equivalent practical experience
- Degree in a technical major (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.) or bootcamp grad
- Familiarity with the payments ecosystem
- Familiarity with web/mobile application architecture
- Comfortable writing code in at least one language
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.