The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
EDB is hiring a Bi-Lingual Technical Account Manager (TAM) for EMEA region (MUST speak English & French and/or Italian). The TAM is responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with EDB’s largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically large accounts adopting Postgres across their data-centers. The TAM serves as a trusted advisor to ensure successful implementations and as an account manager to ensure that the customers become a positive reference and continue their standardization on Postgres technology. The TAM is also the customer's single point of contact into all technical areas of EDB. As such, the TAM’s technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
TAMs are focused on expanding the use of Postgres in their customer’s organizations. They are acting in a consultative capacity.
This position is 100% remote within the EU: Preference toward Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and Germany
The responsibilities of the TAM will include:
- Close technical engagement with several large EDB customers
- Establish a close working relationship with the customers’ technical leadership team
- Help EDB customers maximize the value of their Postgres investment
- Assist EDB customers develop and deploy Postgres proliferation strategies
- Provide technical leadership for the customer's major Postgres initiatives (This may include solutions consulting, architecture leadership and project management)
- Coordinate the interaction between EDB’s technical teams, such as Professional Services, Technical Support, DBA Services and Engineering, and the customer’s IT team
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire EDB product line
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to EDB’s product management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying EDB solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice" and informal customer questions
- Act as the liaison with the customers’ ISV partners
- Travel is required up to 10% percent of the time, including limited international travel (once it’s deemed safe to do so)
- Must be Bi-Lingual in English & French (preference) and/or Italian
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional services consultant
- At least five years of hands-on technical experience with Postgres (and any other RDBMS-Oracle, DB2 or MS SQL Server etc.) professional certifications in any of the relational databases are desirable
- Advanced technical skills, specifically in data management platforms, operating systems, cloud technologies, and technical architecture
- Excellent analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Well-developed organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training or industry experience preferred
- The TAM is expected to complete the EDB Postgres Professional Certification level within 6 months, and stay current in all EDB training and certification programs at all times
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request