Team Manager, Cloud Migrations at Atlassian
We are seeking an experienced leader to mature our Migrations program and systems, mentor and develop our team to reach its fullest potential, and champion initiatives that bring Atlassian's core value of "Don't #@!% the customer" to life throughout the organization! If you are passionate about crafting an ideal customer experience, enjoy scaling teams, and thrive in collaborative environments, then we need you!
We are searching for a Team Manager of Cloud Migrations that will be at the forefront of helping a team of Cloud Migration Managers guide our customers through their migration journey, helping them understand their options, and optimally plan for how to migrate their Atlassian software instance (Jira, Confluence, etc.) from their On-Premise environment to Atlassian Cloud.
More about you
The Cloud Migration program is evolving and is in a high-growth phase. As a result, you and your team will wear many hats. The ideal candidate has experience growing and scaling project management, or professional service teams. They'll be a strategic leader to help the company achieve its results-oriented migration OKRs, pushing forward major initiatives and strategy for tooling, documentation, and process with cross-functional peers and senior leaders. To do this optimally and represent the voice of our customers, they'll also be engaged with customers along with their team, fully trained on the migrations standard methodologies, workflows, and challenges that our customers are experiencing.
As a Team Manager, you'll be responsible for supervising and supporting:
- The operational management of the Cloud Migrations Management team including reporting on team health and mentor on adherence to metrics and goals
- Support and management of any needed customer critical issues to quickly resolve customer issues and blockers;
- Ongoing partnership with cross-functional teams in Product, Sales, Channel, Technical Support, Marketing, and Customer Success.
- Communicate customer trends and feedback to internal teams to drive improvements to the product, or highlight gaps in documentation, positive/negative impacts of concurrent initiatives, and more;
- OKR and metrics management for the Migrations impact within the migration strategy, including but not limited to 1) Ensuring the high completion rate of migrations, 2) Increased referrals for migrations by customers, 3) Operational efficiencies like the reduction of time spent during migration when engaged by Migrations;
- Staff allocation planning, headcount and performance management
- Cloud Migrations Manager performance assessments and development
- Brainstorm and develop strategic recommendations for how to improve the migration experience for our customers; and own 3-6 month strategy for large scale company initiatives
- Envision and run experiments to test and learn new strategies for improving the customer migration experience and growing the impact of our program.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years in a relevant customer-facing field within an Enterprise software company, Professional Service company, or Consulting
- 4+ years of people management experience;
- Proven track record in taking customer insights from the field to inspire change, including influencing cross-functional teams and leaders
- Comfort in driving tooling and process improvements, and automation
- Strong project management skills and ability to be self-motivated for up to weeks at a time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on sophisticated cross-functional projects
- Experience in influencing and navigating decision-makers across matrixed organizational systems
- Consistent track record of handling conflict and working through it to gain alignment when presented with unclear expectations, roles, and/or team dynamics
- Experience helping an organization adopt an Atlassian product or similar
- Analytical skills to identify and articulate themes from customer data
- Confirmed discernment to partner with business analyst resources to develop a reporting and analytics strategy, including the development of executive-level reporting
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience starting a team from scratch and maturing it over time;
- PMP or Professional services certification or accreditation;
- Experience working with DevOps or IT teams;
- Experience working within Migrations-related programs;
- Tableau, Redash, or other analytics platform and data management experience.
More about our team
Cloud Migrations Managers team partners with our customers to help them achieve their goals with our products through the transition from on-premise to cloud. Identifying and mitigating risk when customers encounter obstacles on their journey, evangelizing standard methodologies, and delivering insights to the business are at the heart of what we do.
CMMs offer strategic end-to-end project management mentorship to our customers, partner closely with solution partners, and work cross-functionally with internal partners to achieve a single objective- help out customers land in cloud optimally.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .