Team Lead, Customer Success Engineering at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about helping our customers scale.
We are looking for creative problem-solvers who are eager to help our business customers scale. Reporting to the Manager of Customer Success, the Team Lead ofa Customer Success Engineering will engage with our largest customers every day, solving their problems and ensuring that they are able to grow on top of DigitalOcean. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!What You'll Be Doing:
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Maintain up-to-date expertise on the company, platform, and products
- Troubleshoot application and product issues
- Provide general guidance and queue related work distribution
- Provide visibility to leadership regarding daily and monthly team performance
- Function as a point of escalation for customers and team members
- Track, analyzes, and report key qualitative metrics into the organization
- Champions and advocates for customer requirements within DO
- Respond to technical and product questions generated by our customers through tickets, emails, or phone calls
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions
- Incident management and escalations
- Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer's experience
- Help architect highly available cloud infrastructureHA solutions for fast-growing and new customers
- Strong background with cloud technology, DevOps technologies, and Linux systems
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strong identity with our brand and team culture
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Solutions Architecture type roles.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team with the ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, defining priorities and setting appropriate expectations.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Customer Success #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Success team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!