Team Coach, Practices and Programs at Atlassian
At Atlassian we believe in the power of teamwork. Our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team through open work.
As a global leader in team collaboration tools, we are equally committed to investing in our own team and 5,000+ crafts people (Product, Design and Engineering).
Do you believe that even with the best tools in the world, teams need the right practices and behaviors to drive collaborative teamwork to truly unleash their potential?
Do you thrive partnering with teams, leading change through facilitation and coaching techniques, designing new practices, tools, and frameworks to help them work more effectively? Do you have lean product development or design thinking experience that you can draw on as you guide teams to evolve?
Are you passionate about the opportunities scale brings to a high-growth company, breaking down complexities, championing distributed collaboration and continuous improvement for teams?
Join us. We are looking for a Team Coach to work with our product and platform teams, guiding them in their efforts to be more agile, experimental, customer-centric and working effectively together in a distributed world.
As a Team Coach at Atlassian, you will:
- Join Atlassian's Programs and Practices team as a critical driver to scaling our organisation's success, through championing our teams and building collaboration capabilities
- Partner with our teams to improve their effectiveness, feeding back insights, patterns and themes into the Practices team
- Facilitate instructor led education and enablement
- Create examples of what great looks like, prototyping and designing new tools or proofs of concept that fellow teams can observe and learn from.
- Build upon the Atlassian Playbook, incrementally building out a knowledge base of practices to be leveraged by other products/platform teams.
In order to be successful in this role, you:
- Naturally balance the need for pragmatism and empathy, while being action oriented and results focused.
- Know how to strike the balance on just enough process; you know what will help a team run effectively, and are capable at introducing change in a way that helps make us effective and more confident.
- Think fast on your feet, come up with solutions to critical situations, make timely decisions and take calculated risks. Constantly search for new knowledge or concepts and are willing to learn better ways of doing things.
- Are an excellent communicator. You are able to connect with people all over the globe at various levels of seniority, and you're comfortable calling "BS" if you see it - even with execs!
- Enjoy coaching teams and leadership teams in a remote first 'Team Anywhere' working environment.
- Have the ability to quickly develop credibility at all levels of the organisation. You're a multiplier who recognises the intelligence around you and you inspire and motivate others to do their best work.
- Embrace diversity and are highly receptive to new ideas and people who are different. Your positive energy inspires those around you to consistently achieve goals.
Your approach to coaching is enabled through:
- Seeing "scale" as a positive, ensuring teams and individuals benefit from Atlassian growth.
- Agnostic over Methodology - you understand the concepts of Lean, Design Thinking and Agile, but don't sign up to them as a religion. Instead you pride yourself on making teams effective, not compliant.
- Delivery over Transformation - by default, delivery takes priority. You seek to coach through delivery. But equally know that there may be scenarios in which the team is in the depths of delivery and solving the wrong problem. For a better outcome, you coach teams to "slow down to speed up".
- Contextual over Standardisation - you acknowledge teams are solving different problems and with varying maturity, so seek for consistency over standardisation. But ... equally you absolutely value leveraging learnings from your sister teams.
- Facilitation over Consulting - you believe coaches are enablers, connectors, facilitators. They have skin in the game, part of the team and their upcoming success.
- Transparent, visible progress - you are comfortable sharing the good and the not so good, framing opportunities for further improvement.
- Systemic over Localised - you believe in the impact of working on the system as a whole, rather than optimising locally.
In terms of experience, this means you:
- Have hands on experience leading lean enterprise, large-scale transformation initiatives.
- Are a practitioner at heart, having previously worked in product teams, shipping and iterating customer value.
- Enjoy leading a ground swell of change, to improve and evolve how our teams work together
- Balance the tactical immediate needs, while not losing sight of the longer term strategic needs.
- Appreciate the valuable blend of instructor-led training with just in time team coaching
- Have experience coaching across value streams.
- Are comfortable facilitating conflicting viewpoints, bringing equal voice and perspective across all three crafts, always with the customer need at the core of the conversation.
More about our team
Our vision is for all Atlassian teams to be proud of how we build products and services. We partner with Atlassian practitioners to continually improve team effectiveness while embedding learning in teams day-to-day.
With a keen focus on ways of working, we look to provide value through accelerating our vision of delivering the best end-to-end experience for our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .