SVP, Corporate & Business Development at Clari
| San Francisco, CA | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:24 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
We are hiring a SVP of Corporate & Business Development to create strategic partnerships, to lead Clari’s acquisition activity, and to build out the company’s ecosystem to accelerate organic & inorganic revenue growth and enhance the value of our platform for our customers. This role is perfect for a hands-on executive who has a strong vision, understands the sales & marketing technology landscape, and can turn a vision into reality. The SVP of Corporate & Business Development will lead a world-class team and will report to Clari’s Chief Revenue Officer.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Set the vision for and leads Clari’s M&A & partnership strategy in service of product & revenue growth.
- Work closely with Clari’s leadership to develop growth roadmaps that consider inorganic growth opportunities in both existing and adjacent markets.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan of existing and desired markets to help identify and evaluate potential acquisition opportunities with an eye on customer workflows, category/market structure, competitive pressure, and increasing our market size & presence (TAM/SAM/SOM).
- Establish and operationalize Clari’s M&A process to include sourcing and pipeline development, stewardship of internal and BOD decision-making processes, including valuation, leadership of target engagement, deal process, and management of transactions from inception through close to successful integration.
- Collaborate across functions during the annual business planning process to ensure that long-term strategies are woven into actionable annual plans.
- Work with the largest and most exciting technology platforms in the world on co-development and strategic go-to-market plans.
- Forge partnerships with global and national consulting firms including system integrators and strategic consultants; design a value-added service package and initiate key lighthouse deals.
- Manage venture capital & private equity relationships to ensure Clari is not only promoted technology but required equipment for portfolio companies.
- Identify and initiate partnership opportunities with ISVs to enhance Clari’s purpose-built data lake offering, extending the API ecosystem, unlocking more value for Clari, Clari’s customers, and partners.
- 15+ years of combined Business Development and Corporate Development experience in buy-side M&A banking and/or enterprise software; the ideal candidate will have experience in both at a high-growth SaaS company.
- Technology acumen is required; must be able to understand product infrastructure and see opportunities for value-added partnerships.
- High initiative, self-starting capabilities; the demonstrated ability to identify and seize opportunities for impact in messy, uncertain contexts without direction or oversight.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of management, both internal and external to Clari.
- Confident leader, with an ability to motivate and influence internal teams to collaborate and achieve business success.
- Embody Clari’s culture and values & contribute to the overall success of Clari by going above and beyond roles & responsibilities.
Benefits and Culture
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable.” To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
Read Full Job Description