Strategic Sales Leader- Financial Services Institutions (FSI) at Honeycomb.io (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:04 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 17, 2022
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named on Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! In this Strategic Sales Leader (FSI) role, you’ll be a joining a growing Sales team, helping us to take advantage of our strong market position to drive sales.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers. At Honeycomb, if you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room!
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1. #LI-Remote
What You'll Do In Role:
- Articulate the Honeycomb product value proposition and tailor our ROI message to the customer’s discovered use case. Work with marketing to ensure a consistent feedback loop from the field.
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities within mid-market and large accounts
- Conduct discovery calls, presentations, and demos with a technical audience, while driving the conversation towards ROI and business pain.
- Navigate from individual contributors and practitioners to technical and business decision makers in the account.
- Focus on customers’ satisfaction. Know the customer’s business and workflows, develop proper contact network within accounts.
- Develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base to land upsells.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts, based on evidence and not hope, and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities.
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Engineering, Marketing, Product, Customer Success) to efficiently navigate sales cycles.
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce.
- Work strategically with management to identify trending opportunities/challenges, and provide recommended solutions.
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Ensure the successful implementation and adoption of Honeycomb through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities
What You'll Bring:
- Vertical Expertise: 5+ years of experience as a strategic sales executive, dedicated to working with named global financial services institutions (FSIs)
- In-depth knowledge in how global FSIs make technical and business decisions on solutions in the Observability, NPM/APM- Monitoring, and Log Management tool sets (preferably, SaaS- based)
- Hands- On: Starting with the initial phase of introducing a solution to client, working with said client to define POC scope, to executing a successful POC. From there, navigate through the procurement process, and ultimately, deliver the positive outcomes the client expect.
- A strong understanding of the software development life cycle, preferably gained by selling software products that target a part of it.
- Strong business acumen: Expert ability to navigate through complex, multi-layered organizations, and a maven when it comes to building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Skilled in working with customer executives in defining clear outcomes; what success will look like. From there, able to deliver on the promise and drive long- lasting business relationships
- Team Player: Drive key customer initiatives by collaborating and aligning the right internal resources- May include working closely with Marketing, Products, and Executive team members
- Establish strong working relationship with assigned team members (Insides Sales, Solutions Architect, and Customer Success resources) in the pursuit of exceeding set team goals
- Table Stake: Highly motivated, driven and results oriented
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Effective communicator (written/verbal), strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
What You'll Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base + Commission for this role is $300,000- $340,000 based on level of experience
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email [email protected] to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better - we want to know!
Read Full Job Description