Strategic Business Development Manager at Twilio (Remote)
Join the CXP Business development team as our next Strategic Business Development Manager.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
As a crucial member of the CXP Business Development team, you will be responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and industry trends to drive carrier connectivity strategy and optimize existing voice service provider portfolio in EMEA. Reporting to the Head of Business Development EMEA, this is a critical position with an incredible opportunity to have an impact on Twilio's success.Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Use your strong commercial acumen to spot opportunities, create a plan and deliver positive outcomes to Twilio.
- Use your communication, story-telling, writing, content-creation and presentation skills to drive action among internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in long term planning activities, establishing priorities and metrics to measure progress.
- Manage all existing voice and numbering provider relationships within the assigned country portfolio and be responsible for its strategy and performance.
- Build new connectivity in the assigned region in accordance with Twilio priorities, goals and strategy.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Customer obsessed mindset.
- Understanding of the wholesale telecommunication space, especially international trends and new developments within the Voice industry, ideally based on 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Good understanding of international and domestic voice connectivity options in EMEA countries.
- Track record of negotiating and closing multiple international Telco services agreements.
- Data-driven mentality with strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to create and communicate certainty to internal and external decision makers.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- A Masters degree, MBA and consulting experience.
- Fluent Spanish, French and / or Italian speaker.
- Knowledge around phone numbers and the regulatory landscape.
This role will be located in Poland. Approximately 20% travel is anticipated.What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]