Strategic Account Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Phoenix, AZ)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
The ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD) develops, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma, autoimmune, and other diseases diagnosed with serological assays. With 1,500 employees worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics. The allergy and autoimmunity product lines operate on a common instrument platform, Phadia Laboratory Systems, which supports both productivity and cost efficiencies in clinical laboratories around the world. The leading products of the ImmunoDiagnostics Division include ImmunoCAP for allergy and asthma tests and EliA for autoimmunity tests.
Job Title: Strategic Account Manager, Laboratory
Location: This is a remote, field-based role covering the states of California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Ideal candidate should reside in any major city in California or in either Phoenix or Scottsdale, AZ.
The Strategic Account Manager, is responsible for maintaining reagent revenue in a prescribed group of laboratory accounts. The individual will be expected to maintain, defend, and grow existing laboratory business in these Reference, Hospital, and Health System Laboratory accounts.
The person is specifically accountable for the strategy development and tactical execution of the Autoimmunity, Allergy and Serology account retention in their given geography. They will also be expected to hold regular Customer Business Reviews to work with the commercial team to ascertain and act on opportunities for growth and optimized lab utilization; initiatives that could include profile normalization, sales/outreach training, cultivation of clinical champions, etc. Where such opportunities exist, the role will act as the primary liaison between the customer (procurement, lab administration, bench, Medical Director, Outreach, etc.) and IDD Commercial personnel (RM's, HSE's, SAE's, TSS's).
The individual is expected to have a solid working knowledge of the laboratory industry, laboratory sales (Strategic Selling), and an ability to communicate appropriate clinical messages related to IDD's assays.
The individual will be held accountable for
- Maintaining base business
- Achieving prescribed growth objectives
- Defending against competitive threat
- Orchestrating proper use of resources to ensure growth. This includes collaborative execution with RM's, HSE's, SAE's, TSS's and others where applicable.
- Holding regular Customer Business Reviews
- Providing business insight and value to retain customers and ensure customer relationship
- Leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for local factors or market shifts
The Strategic Account Manager will report to the Regional Sales Manager - Laboratory, and will be expected to work closely with Health Systems Executive's, Strategic Account Executives, Technical Sales Specialists and IDD's Commercial Personnel -Health System Team and Kalamazoo to achieve revenue goals and excellence in customer service.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria (Required):
- B.S./B.A., preferably in life sciences or business
- Minimum of three years' senior level sales experience in Diagnostics Sales
- Diagnostics or Medical Device Sales
- Strategic Selling/complex selling skills
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Results oriented
- Ability to lead without authority to achieve sales goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assimilate information to garner support for resources, change, etc.
- Must understand the key market drivers and dynamics of the US healthcare market.
- Must be a key advocate/enforcer of our Corporate Compliance culture and policies.
- Must be a role model for the 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement)
Relocation: This position is not approved for relocation.