Strategic Account Manager, P&C at Ethos Life (Remote)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About The Role:
The Strategic Partnership Account Manager will work closely with the enterprise sales team to launch new Ethos clients and oversee the growth, expansion, and overall management of enterprise level accounts. This role will evolve as the channel grows, but the initial expectations are to:
- Manage and facilitate growth in new business partnerships across traditional insurance distribution channels (Large agencies, Networks and Associations, and Carriers)
- Lead post-sales partner management that includes, but isn’t limited to, driving sales planning, adoption of Ethos and managing growth initiatives
- Monitor and maintain account performance using data driven metrics
- Cultivate strong relationships with key customers and influencers
- Establish thought leadership and help build a trusted brand
- Roll up your sleeves and execute in ambiguous environments
- This role will require the ability to think on your feet, hustle and be proactive
- Willingness to dive into the user experience, product road map and be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders - translate their needs and advocate on their behalf
- Work closely with Product Management to communicate the needs of customers for product enhancements
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- 5-8 years of relevant, industry experience
- Deep understanding of the Property and Casualty distribution channels from submission to commission: Licensing and contracting, compensation, insurance sales process, tech vendors and platform integrations
- Ability to oversee partnership onboarding, integration, enablement and relationship management to ensure a successful partnership
- Craft tailored value propositions based on the needs of the partner and deliver the appropriate solution per situation
- Project management, delivery or implementation experience in a previous SaaS or other insurtech environment
- Demonstrated wholesale / sales development activity experience to drive sales growth through newly acquired distribution relationships with downline sub-agencies and agents
- Competitive product and operational value chain knowledge to convey the story of Ethos key points of differentiation and advantage
- Strong presentation skills, experience leading enablement sessions with large audiences
- Self-starter attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous team environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.