Sr. Sales Compensation Analyst at WellSky (Kansas City, MO)
*This position will be on a hybrid work schedule (remote and in-office).
WellSky is seeking a Sr. Sales Compensation Analyst to join our World Headquarters team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting compensation administration for WellSky’s various compensation programs with primary emphasis on sales commission processing.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Build commission calculation files and perform monthly/quarterly commission calculations in accordance with approved commission plans and internal policies, ensuring commission calculations are done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Gather bookings data from SalesForce reports, revenue leaders, and dales leaders to input into commissions calculations files and create monthly commission statements.
- Perform validation and data quality checks on both system data and compensation calculation results.
- Support the accounting team in timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals and reconciliations for commissions accounting.
- Act as point of contact for all commissions-related questions and provide thorough and timely answers to the sales and sales management teams.
- Analyze commission plans to ensure all components of commissions are captured each month, correct rates are paid based on monthly, quarterly, or annual attainment, and correct amounts are being paid and/or held according to commission plan requirements.
- Maintain a master file of sales participants as well as a master file which summarizes monthly attainment and earned commissions to analyze and evaluate effectiveness of commission plans and provide data to stakeholders when requested.
- Provide accounting team with estimated commissions using preliminary bookings data, and final commissions when available, and field questions about any variances noted by the accounting team.
- Work with talent acquisition, employment relations, and sales leaders to ensure new hires or departures are captured in the commissions process, including creating, distributing, and tracking plans for new sales teammates based on the existing commission framework, adding new sales teammate to the commission files, and evaluating if a departing sales teammate will forfeit any held commissions.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (accounting, finance, or related field)
- At least 3 years of finance, accounting, sales compensation, or sales operations work experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Proven relationship building and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to create calculations, charts, and graphs using pivot tables, lookups, and nested IF statements
Do you stand above the rest?
- Relevant industry experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.