We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
In this role, you will support Extrahop’s onboarding and “always-boarding” programs and initiatives to speed time to productivity for new hires and maintain peak field readiness for tenured reps and managers. You will collaborate closely with a broad set of key stakeholders from Sales Leadership, Sales Enablement, Partner Sales, Marketing, Business Development to develop and execute transformative programs in support of the Extrahop Global Sales strategy.
We are looking for a high-energy, successful salesperson who has a passion for teaching and developing others. Do you have a strong working knowledge of sales methodologies, pipeline management, customer engagement, and general go-to-market sales strategies of high-performing sales teams? Are both an independent leader and highly collaborative, creative and energized by the challenge of meeting the needs of an evolving and Sales team? If so this role may be what you are looking for!
This role reports into the Sr. Director, Sales Training and Enablement. It is a highly visible position with exposure to the Extrahop worldwide sales organization.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver the full lifecycle of sales training, from the new hire onboarding program to continuing education trainings, to post-training ad hoc support.
- Provide trainings in diverse formats, formal and/or informal, to support different learning styles, e.g. in-person classrooms, recorded videos, hands-on product exercises, guided role-plays for trainings on a wide range of Extrahop content, including product, industry, competition, customers, process, and more.
- Act as a conduit with other teams to optimize existing enablement programs and build new initiatives Determine needs and advocate for what field needs to know for launches and onboarding (PMM, Marketing, BD, Channel, Sales Ops, HR)
- Interface with sales leadership on an ongoing basis in identifying strengths and development needs of their sellers and quickly address identified readiness gaps.
- Coach new hires and existing sales professionals on effective selling techniques and strategies for optimal productivity, planning and performance.
- Facilitate and/or deliver training sessions related to professional selling skills, sales ops, process, our products, trends within the Security market.
- Produce and deliver training workshops such as SKO, other webinars, tradeshows, events.
- Identify and deliver time-saving sales tools and templates for sales.
- Help sellers strategize on deals (messaging, business justifications, ROI, pricing, etc.)
- Provides guidance within the sales organization and shares best practices.
- Deliver instructor led training to partner sales staff, coordinate partner technical training sessions with Channel SEs and track partner completion of training requirements.
- 5+ years of professional experience in relevant complex sales environment either as a seller, marketer or sales training/enablement role. (and/or continued experience in professional training and enterprise sales). This is a must in order to develop with proficiency and deliver with credibility.
- Technical background: must understand selling a complex technical solution.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver sales training programs using skills in instructional design, program design & development, and training technologies.
- High impact/energy, enthusiastic, motivational communication and training style.
- Ability to address large and small groups and 1:1 utilizing strong presentation and facilitation skills in multi modes of interactive and informative training.
- Strong interpersonal Skills: Ability to listen, collaborate, and influence across groups.
- Excellent consulting skills; ability to understand business strategy and key purchasing drivers to create effective training materials.
- Commands presence and adapts communication style to fit and engage the audience, to own the room confidently and hold people’s attention.
- Ensures successful delivery of training engagements with a high level of satisfaction
- Works under pressure, is able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and meet established deadlines
- It will require significant multi-tasking and willingness to take on various sales training and support responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in the organization, to leverage subject matter expert inputs for sales enablement goals.
- Comfortable collaborating with various teams and at multiple levels with the Extrahop organization.
- Extensive experience in next-gen sales methodology practices.
- Global experience and perspective a plus. Flexibility to work with colleagues across Extrahop’s international presence in North America, AP/J, and EMEA.
- Managerial/leadership experience preferred.
- Open to up to 30% - 50% travel. v. #LI-BKW
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits* to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
*Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?