Sr Sales Analyst - Twin Cities/Boulder/Atlanta/Sunnyvale at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN)
Careers that Change Lives
Join a diverse team of innovators who bring their worldview, their unique backgrounds, and their individual life experiences to work every day. It's no accident - we work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners. We believe it's the only way to drive healthcare forward and remain a global leader in medical technology and solutions.
Description - External
A Day in the Life
The Senior Sales Analyst is responsible to assist with the strategic development of performance-based tools and processes that utilize metrics to execute the US GI Sales organization plans and maximize the performance of the field sales organization. This position will also support the development and execution of programs, initiatives and tools that use appropriate metrics and facilitate the accomplishment of sales organization strategic goals. This role will report directly to the Director of Global Business Intelligence in creating the vision and providing strategic direction for the development of best-in-class analytics, forecasting, alignment and deployment systems for the US GI Sales Organization. Additionally, this role will work closely with the Global Sales Platform Manager to construct project planning and execute the design, development, and ongoing support of US Sales inputs to the Global GI Business.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Provides proactive business analytics support & analysis to Commercial Leadership and the field sales organization
- Conducts statistical analysis on sales and market data and information to ensure optimal sales execution and attainment of growth objectives
- Leads, drives, and executes sales enablement projects to enhance Sales analytics and reporting, business processes and efficiency, and overall Sales force effectiveness, establishing and developing collaborative relationships with colleagues in Marketing, IT, HR, Finance, Operations, and other functions as needed
- Helps design and rollout metrics and reporting/tracking plans for corporate processes
- Partners with IT to strategize and plan annual system requirements and monitor progress towards completion
- Partners with IT to strategize, plan and implement systems requirements that enhance the organizations capabilities
- Partners on sales presentations for Sales management as needed for key Sales initiatives, manager meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Ensures total readiness of internal sales processes, systems, and procedures for new product launches, sales initiatives, sales contests, tools, etc.
- Partners to develop territorial sales quotas in accordance with the profit plan
- Ensures field sales and managers have adequate sales reporting visibility
- Performs sales calculations on sales incentives
- May administer the field sales forecasting system, which provides management with current product sales potential
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- Synthesize a variety of inputs including sales data and trends, market penetration, market share, dashboard management, competitive intelligence and leveraging internal and external data sources to ensure optimal sales execution and attainment of growth objectives.
- Regularly provides specific outputs that contribute to the business governance including executive dashboards, leading indicator/red flags, market penetration and share and competitive insights.
- Enhances Salesforce.com to leverage advanced capabilities and analytics.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of sales analyst or financial analyst experience; or
- Master's Degree and 2 years of sales analyst or financial analyst experience.
Nice to Have
- Data Science degree or certification
- Experience in medical device
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and/or forecasting skills; ability to create effective reporting and analytics from raw data
- Experience partnering cross functionally with IT/Systems, Marketing, HR, and/or Finance
- Project management experience
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce.com, Power BI, Tableau CRM, MS Office Suite, Business Objects, and internal databases
- Experience with Sales Compensation software such as Xactly, Varicent, Callidus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business model, processes, and markets of Medtronic GI
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)