Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
We are seeking a world-class Senior Director of Sales Strategy & Planning to support the Global Sales, Sales Development and CS organizations in strategy, planning, business insights, business cadence, comp design & quota setting, GTM Intelligence and data infrastructure.
The Senior Director of Sales Strategy and Planning will work closely with the CRO and his direct staff as well as cross-functional organizations (Finance, Marketing and IT). This role will be expected to provide strategic thought leadership and to drive success and effectiveness throughout the business. Additionally, this role will set the data strategy and tooling plan for the sales organization including, systems, insightful dashboards and templates for the field teams.
This role requires a passionate and curious leader who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment. This leader must love to dive deep into data and can communicate results and analyses to all levels and audiences. This role will report directly to the VP of Sales Strategy and Operations and will manage a team of Managers and Analysts.What You'll Do:
Lead Global Sales Planning
- Drive a process with the CRO and key cross-functional teams to design a sales strategy, operating plans, coverage models, segmentation models, and more.
- Partner with sales systems and IT to ensure systems reflect the necessary updates to run the business with the structures implemented.
- Create and maintain detailed models and forecasts to support both short- and long-term strategic planning for Motive’s growth initiatives.
- Support the global ARR and Renewals forecasting cadence.
Partner on CRO Executive Support
- Partner closely with Sales Leadership on forecasting, planning, and reporting cadences to ensure his needs are met.
- Work with the Sales Leadership, finance, and other teams to deliver on critical content like Board Decks, Investor content, and Internal Communications.
- Report out key metrics to the CRO, provide key modeling and ad-hoc support requests.
Drive Global Sales Compensation & Quota Planning
- Partner with the CRO and sales leaders to collect feedback on current compensation plans and ideal changes.
- Design compensation and quota plans for each Sales role.
- Work cross-functionally with HR, Legal, and Commissions Administration to ensure comp plans are in order and can be accurately paid out.
- Support the field’s questions and improve the comp exception process.
Stand up and lead a GTM Intelligence Team
- Partner with IT, Finance and Sales leaders to establish the analytical tooling for the organization
- Work with Investor relations and Finance to push an operational model that drives visibility and accountability for key external metrics
Build and Lead a High Performing Team
- Build, lead, and motivate a team of 5-6 people including managers and analysts.
- Operate as an inspirational leader for your team and adjacent organizations.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales strategy and operations experience, including leadership of teams, required; 12 years or more preferred
- Proven ability to lead large teams and complex cross functional projects
- Expert presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations and advanced excel modeling skills
- Strong executive presence
- Strategic, quantitative and operational mindset with consulting background preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Power BI
- Results-oriented team player who leads by examples and holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and global environment
- Data driven with analytical outlook on role
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required; MBA or CPA/public accounting background a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.