Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
The Sr Director, Channel Sales GTM will be a new key team member to the Global Ecosystem Solutions (GES) group at Pluralsight. Pluralsight will continue to grow the amount of World Wide revenue it drives "with" and "through" partners and alliances. GES is a new group within Pluralsight designed to expand upon third-party sourced, influenced and transacted revenues tasked with aggressively growing opportunities within deliberately chosen channels intent upon delivering value creating ecosystems that are sustainable. This role sits at the center of creating carefully selected GTM proof points able to deliver executable "playbooks" designed to unleash a coordinated co-selling effort across the direct revenue organization. This role uniquely involves organizing, measuring and managing the operating structures for the relationships of all ecosystem partners and requires the adaptable capacity to operate in both the sales and operations world, simultaneously. He/she must be comfortable with the startup ambiguity of business development resourcing within GES together with the insight and experience to respect the structure and ROEs for org functions across greater Pluralsight. This new role anticipates recruiting, training and leading like minded staff to nimbly carry quotas, establish momentum with this new group, and simultaneously create protocols to influence, transact and retain partners with specialized coordination across SFDC, PRM tools and a range of enterprise business applications. Experience required in mapping, transacting and closing business on key CSP marketplaces with familiarity to the range of intricate strategic steps (ie - native to AWS, Azure and GCP). Each of these functions, by way of to-be-established KPIs, must ensure consistent decisioning, policy, system integration and coordinated actioning for the group. These efforts while reporting into GES, by express design, will interface into RSO leadership within the Revenue organization. This is an exciting entrepreneurial impact and catalyst role within a rapidly growing team which plans to double revenue year over year.
Who you are
- Energized by working in an ambitious, startup environment with a growth mindset
- Possess extensive expertise and unique knowledge in the various channel methodologies and categories of GTM motions for alliances and partnerships.
- Drives individual and team results within an entrepreneurial *and* corporate environment.
- Expertise and experience in learning / education, SaaS, technology and modern enterprise operating applications.
- A self-starter that proactively solves problems quickly but engenders team loyalty and growth for subordinates.
- Understands complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders - Pluralsight, our partners, and our customers.
- Capability to manage a lot of engagement, organize it, and then prioritize, to make sure the most important and impactful deliverables are met.
What you'll do
- Recruit, hire, coach, lead a small team to shared targets of success for GES w/in Pluralsight.
- Own the delivery of a bookings number while keeping the trains running on time.
- Focus on driving business deeper Pluralsight's partner and alliance ecosystem by meeting every prospect partner "where they are" with a respect for shared incentives.
- Intimately comprehend, refine and work with existing processes and functional organizations across Pluralsight for harmonious growth within GES.
- Evoke an appreciation and understanding for revenue colleagues remit towards end-direct customers vs GES remit for indirect customers and their specific interests.
- Collaborate with your Global Ecosystem Solutions, Pluralsight, and partner counterparts.
- Show fluency on the Pluralsight platform and how it drives partner and customer results.
Experience you'll need
- ~ 10 years experience related to and running business / corporate development, field and/or inside sales, partnerships, alliances, channel, affiliate, GSIs, Cloud, Fed/etc.
- MBA or business degree preferred from a leading institution
- Proven track record of delivering on revenue goals through partnerships and individual selling contributions.
- Experience in the tech and/or education industry is a plus, especially SaaS
- Up to 65% of travel
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.