Sr. Consultant - Governance, Controls & Improvements at MetLife (Raleigh, NC)
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition
Under general supervision leads in initiatives related to ITSM Governance, Improvements, and Controls driving process compliance and improvements to increase the effectiveness and protect the IT environments. Performs complex functions in supporting the governance, audits, improvements, and execution of all IT Service Management (IPCRK) Practices. Oversees ensuring all practice documentation is created and kept evergreen, the successful execution of ITSM audits and the ongoing improvements for of all ITSM practices. Coordinate and deliver training on ITSM governance activities and best practices and the testing and validation of update to the Service Management tool. The individual in this role must possess the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently in a fast paced ever changing Global environment.
- Enable the governance of the ITSM practices to confirm they are operating with accuracy based on defined and documented procedures.
- Resolve technical end user inquiries related to the ITSM tools and practices and provide Global solutions.
- Deliver Leadership information to multiple audiences and troubleshoot control issues and develop solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Deliver improvements to ITSM practices that support multiple applications and systems that support multiple Lines of Business.
- Responsible for leading process improvement assessment activities, brainstorming discussions and driving recommend solutions that increase stakeholder effectiveness to implementations.
- Partner with Audit (internal and external) to provide evidence on effectiveness of the ITSM practices all controls accountabilities are met and drive remediation actions developing action plans when needed.
- Drive, analyze, develop and document ServiceNow development stories and develop user acceptance testing and post implementation validation scripts, perform acceptance testing and post implementation validation for tool improvements for all ITSM practices and develop and maintain end user process and technical documentation for the ServiceNow tool.
- Perform additional ITSM team administrative functions, i.e., identify and implement industry standard, analyze business cases, create control process, perform audits, and maintain ITSM calendars, communications, and SharePoint site.
- Conduct regional stakeholder, monthly operational review, post implementation and planning meetings.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 4+ years of related IT Service Management, Operational, Business or Industry work experience.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, teamwork, negotiation, and partnership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Design thinking skills with a strong customer service focus.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Knowledge of IT systems and proficient with the MS Office suite desktop software used in day-to-day work functions.
- ITIL Certified, SAFe Certified, LEAN Certified or knowledge of ISO/IEC20000 and/or Cobit.
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow Service Management Tool- Change Module and Data Analytics.
- Working experience with SharePoint.
- Fluent in one or more languages in addition to English i.e., Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Japanese.
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.