Sr Business Development & Product Partnerships Manager at Mozilla
About the company
More than a decade ago, with the launch of Firefox 1.0, Mozilla paved the way for the first generation of rich internet applications. Since then Mozilla, a corporation fully owned by a non-profit, has continued to advance a healthy internet. A healthier internet begins with the tools we use to build, access, and discover the web. Today, a few tech companies play a disproportionate role in crafting the internet used by 4.5 billion people. Now it's your turn to ensure the citizens of the modern web play a defining role in shaping its future! Mozillians love what we do, but more meaningfully, we are building something that millions of people love, too.
Mozilla is a place for innovators and futurists. At Mozilla, we believe in balancing consumer privacy with novel solutions that improve people's lives. You will get the opportunity to take real world business problems and lead the charge on formulating innovative solutions. If you're not afraid of ambiguity and have the energy, passion and drive to thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the opportunities at Mozilla are endless!
About the role
The Mozilla Business Affairs team leads all aspects of distribution and product partnerships. The team keeps a pulse on emerging technologies and pursues new revenue opportunities in alignment with product teams. We are seeking an outstanding Business Development professional to develop expansion and partnerships recommendations for some of Mozilla’s early-stage products and technology explorations. An example is Mozilla Hubs, an open-sourced AR/VR chat room crafted for every headset and browser that enables communication in mixed reality to come to life. With Hubs, you can build a room with a single click.
You will help small, cross-functional teams to develop strategies to optimize products, services and technologies for both the enterprise and consumer market. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. This role will require you to have a keen understanding of new technologies (instant communication, online payments, cryptocurrencies, ecommerce, cloud computing) and the ability to work with technical, legal and business partners.
What you’ll do
- Define go-to-market strategy and product monetization recommendations
- Own market and opportunity assessment; collaborate with our Sr Product Partnerships Analyst on financial modeling of growth opportunities in key technology segments
- Formulate and test market entry hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations to product and engineering teams
- Provide subject matter authority on ecommerce and/or the AR/VR landscape (industry trends, competitors, pricing/cost analysis, etc)
- Identify, structure, negotiate and close commercial agreements with partners
- BS/BA degree required; MBA a plus
- 5 to 7+ years of professional experience in product partnerships/business development at a technology or consumer company or a background in investment banking, corporate development or strategy consulting
- Keen sense of ownership, vitality, drive, independence, and flexibility
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, i.e., direct and concise storytelling ability
- Understanding or background with Immersive Platforms (e.g., Samsung Gear VR, Odyssey HMD, Oculus Go/Rift/Quest, Magic Leap One)
- Able to work remotely and travel once it is safe to do so
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.