Seer Interactive is a digital marketing consultancy that harnesses compassion, data, and technology to make a mark on our communities - our coworkers, our clients, our industry, and our neighbors. We believe in relentlessly pursuing (and sharing) the truth – bringing together millions of data points from quantitative and qualitative sources to base our decisions on. Our purpose is to unlock potential for our communities mentioned above. Our vision is a world where it’s easy to do the right thing throughout those communities. If you’re ready to uplift others, challenge your ego, commit to the truth, and be better than yesterday – keep reading.
You, the Sr. Business Development Manager of our dreams, are equally confident in your practitioner chops, emotional intelligence, and ability to close the right business. You’re a digital expert turned Business Development pro who believes in a value-driven sales approach. You use data to understand who you can help win and illustrate that to prospective clients in a consultative, strategic manner. You don’t view yourself as a sales leader, but rather a problem solver— you believe achieving your revenue target is a byproduct of building strong relationships and helping folks solve the problems that keep them up at night.
You have a passion for digital marketing with knowledge in SEO, Paid Search, and Analytics. You know what it feels like to work with a great client and have what it takes to bring them to Seer. You are polished, have a strong sense of business acumen and while your attention to detail can be intimidating, your clients seriously love you for it.
Welcome to the Business Strategy team! Ready to drive BD?
Here are some highlights of what you’ll be doing...
- You will be responsible for $2MM in revenue from inbound leads within the first 15 months, and you’ll work to bring in additional revenue from outbound efforts. Internally, you will work with teams to identify and close growth opportunities with current clients
- You will own and manage all processes from lead qualification, needs + strategy consultation, through to the client kick-off meeting. Just as prospective client partners vet Seer, you’ll do the same, ensuring each new partner shares our values. You’ll work to bring in clients who will treat our team as an extension of their own. You solve strategic problems that are connected to driving revenue
- You’ll conduct preliminary competitive SEO, PPC, and Analytics analyses to identify new leads, partnering with our CE team and Account Managers to thoroughly research companies and identify potential opportunities/threats
- You’ll collaboratively create and present comprehensive SEO, PPC, and Analytics strategies to prospective clients including their C-level executive team
- By demonstrating big picture marketing strategy, you’ll consult with prospective clients to illustrate how those efforts dovetail with long-term business strategy and goals. At times, this may involve traveling to the prospect’s site and further developing the relationship
- You will prepare and deliver site-specific proposals and negotiate contracts with the help and guidance of our legal team when needed
- You’ll become a thought leader in the space; providing content for the Seer blog, speaking at conferences and attending networking events to speak to our work and identify new business opportunities for Seer
- You deliver the white-glove approach to all clients; you’ll ensure only the smoothest transition between Business Strategy and account teams when a project is kicked off
The skills you’ll bring to the table...
- You’re no newbie. You know the digital marketing industry in/out and have been working in Digital Marketing / Digital Business Development for the last number of years. You have a proven track-record of exceeding goals in a high-growth environment and the agility to move multiple projects at once
- You get shit done. Plain and simple. Nothing frustrates you more than bottlenecks and waiting around to execute on something. You’ve been known to roll up your sleeves and knock out a deliverable on your own in order to meet deadlines
- You read between the lines. You’re able to get to the heart of a client’s business challenges and recommend the right mix of strategies to fully support their needs
- When it comes to getting everyone aligned and prepped to deliver a great presentation and/or solution, it’s you. Your ability to connect, build incredibly strong relationships, and speak in a way that resonates with various stakeholders, is enviable
- C-level execs don’t make you sweat-- in fact, you’ve gotten comfortable with pitching to decision-makers at Enterprise-level companies
- You have an arsenal of BD tools at your disposal. Nothing gets you more excited than using technology to create efficiency & uncover insights
- You have a way with words and you’re as diplomatic as they come; while every prospective client may not be the best fit for Seer, you offer insights and alternative solutions in a way that truly helps
- You’re an expectation setter and communicator both internally at Seer and externally with clients. There are few surprises and you haven’t met a pack of kittens you couldn’t herd
- You’re a reformed digital marketing practitioner turned Business Strategy Consultant? Perfect!
- Seer was founded on a basic principle: Share what you learn. So we’d love if it you were the kind of person to speak publicly on topics around digital strategy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not ready to apply but want to keep in touch? Stay connected via our monthly Career Update newsletter! We'll share curated content on Seer, open roles, industry insights, career advice, events you don't want to miss, and more (so you never miss a beat).
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You have to apply though :)
Read Full Job Description