Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
Do you enjoy problem solving complex business problems facing companies every day? What if you had a next generation platform that could solve that goal? What if you could work for a company that is changing the way that companies interact with their customers? What if you could work alongside the best and brightest in the industry to craft innovative solutions and transformational strategies? All this in a driven, collaborative and rewarding environment... Sounds like fiction, you say? Absolutely not! Here at Kustomer, we call it Solutions Engineering.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Kustomer sales cycle. SEs must be both sales focused and technically savvy. They must be successful selling to SMB executives, and convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution. The SE will work, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our AEs and their prospects. The SE will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone. This is a remote position supporting the West & Mountain regions that will require travel in the future. The selected candidate can live anywhere within Pacific time zone.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working closely with Sales teams, your peers, and product management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer
- Evangelizing Kustomer platform value to customers (including business & IT executives)
- Business requirements assessment and delivery of findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable
- Development of a technical sales strategy
- Configuring and effectively demonstrating our solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer's business (tailored demonstrations)
- Mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions
- Scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts
- Solution scoping abilities - using our existing solution and influencing new product development
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 2+ years of related experience, preferably in the CRM, Contact Center or CX space
- Hands-on experience with application architectures (e.g, REST API, JSON Payloads, Kustomer Workflows, React, and Node JS)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles
- You possess a bachelor's degree or relevant professional experience
- In the future, you're okay traveling for 30% of the time.
- Obvious passion and people skills
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, restricted stock, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: