GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work with GitLab's top enterprise customers. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. Solution Architects can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.Responsibilities
- Engage with customers, both onsite and remote, in a technical consultancy and advisor role during the pre-sales process while providing technical assistance and solution guidance.
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue targets through the adoption of GitLab.
- With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Guide technical evaluations via POC/POV ownership, RFP/audit support, and workshop design.
- Build deep relationships with people within customer environments to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams, including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Solve technical customer issues of broad scope and high complexity.
- Work cross-departmentally to find solutions to complex scenarios and integration issues.
- Propose improvements and innovation for customer calls and product demonstrations based on current market trends.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the entire GitLab application.
- Represent GitLab as a speaker at field events or as an author in GitLab-focused publications and blogs.
- Provide opportunity strategy leveraging market and industry knowledge and trends.
- Collaborate with the product team while representing customer requirements and feedback.
- Coach sales team-members on deal qualification when necessary.
- Assists with specific objectives and key result associated tasks
- Technical presentation and communication skills in French and English (Spanish or any other Southern European language is beneficial)
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.