Solution Principal - Leadership & Business
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are curious, agile and most of all, true. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Solution Principal – Sales Effectiveness is an experienced pre-sales resource and subject matter expert in a designated Leadership and Business Customer Market. The Solution Principal deeply understands evolving buyer needs (learner, admin, and organizational) in the given Market, the Skillsoft portfolio and value proposition, and how we stack up against the competition. Working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Leadership and the Field, those pieces are brought together to tell the compelling story of why Skillsoft and provide scalable, customer facing assets. Solution Principals work with high complexity customers, providing leadership and direction to create solutions that enable customers to move from their current state, through transition and transformation and into their future desired state.
This role requires strong enablement & coaching focus fueled by deep product & domain expertise. Executive presence and customer-readiness are key.
- Maintains superior domain knowledge, conversant in emerging trends & buyer expectations, and expert in highly relevant skills/competency models related to the Customer Market.
- Possesses an excellent understanding of Skillsoft's product strategy, Customer Market sales strategy, value proposition, and brand.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of and ability to speak to the competitive landscape and related challenges/opportunities.
- Works with cross-functional teams to align on initiatives, product updates, and business priorities and continuously update programs/sales teams accordingly.
- Engages in complex strategic accounts, creating unique solutions from existing offerings, and advises account team on effective sales techniques. Uses interactions to create scalable approach for sales reps, regularly attends meetings to assess sales skills, then identifies areas for improvement.
- Maintains repository of value data for specified Market, uses data and insights to create value messaging in a market ready artifact tailored to the buyers (personas) targeted in the Customer Market.
- Owns measurement and actions related to content within enablement platforms tied to specified Market, contributing to the updating or retirement decisions of content assets and artifacts.
- Offers counsel as a highly respected 'go-to' resource on various internal project teams to represent the buyer preferences and priorities of the Customer Market.
- Evangelizes Skillsoft via webinars/events to build Skillsoft's credibility as a trusted provider in the given area of specialization.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years in the enterprise learning and talent industry or specialized area.
- Direct sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively consult with a prospect to turn business challenges into Skillsoft solutions, while simplifying complex technical information.
- Results-oriented with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment, and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates exceptional cross-team collaboration and organizational acumen.
- Establishes influential relationships with diverse customers/prospects, including executive-level business owners.
- Travels to internal Skillsoft meetings and customer sites as approved (travel estimate 25%).
As a federal contractor, Skillsoft requires all team members working in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Additionally, any Skillsoft team member traveling to the United States for business will also need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.