Directs, implements and drives CNA's sales process throughout assigned territory. Sets objectives with sales team to meet objectives for profitable growth and retention within branch or geographic territory. Focuses on coaching and development of Field Sales Specialists (FSS) and ensures effective distribution management and regional territory management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Drives CNA Small Business market share increase through effective agency management techniques as well as coaching and development of the FSS team through weekly coach travel with FSS team members to agencies and individual FSS coaching feedback sessions.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction to the FSS teams including but not limited to execution of the Sales Advantage Disciplines, keys sales behaviors inclusive of consultative selling skills, negotiating skills, setting territory and agency objectives, effective agency management planning, training on sales tools including Salesforce.com, effective sales campaign management, and defining key measures of success.
- Partners with the Small Business segment to ensure consistent execution by the FSS team of priority initiatives for the business segment including the CNA Small Business Trusted Advisor program in both product and technology & automation.
- Monitors and drives financial results and sales behavior execution to ensure that Small Business territory action plans produce desired outcomes based upon annual financial objectives and performance goals.
- Directs and sets clear expectations for the annual agency planning process, agency segmentation process and quarterly checkpoint meetings for key Small Business agencies.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of key Small Business agency relationships and top producing agencies within respective territories, and leverages key agency relationships across the CNA enterprise to drive Small Business results within CNA's top producing agencies.
- Leads and directs the work activities and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically AVP and above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1.Leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
2. Knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with both internal and external business partners
4. Coaching and mentoring skills.
5. Sales and agency management knowledge and skills. Includes strategic planning and strong analytical skills to effectively manage territorial planning concepts to drive consistent, profitable growth.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in marketing, sales or related field or its equivalent.
2. Leadership experience in sales, underwriting or marketing
3. Typically a minimum of 7 or more years of insurance sales experience, and five to eight years management experience.
4. Small business experience strongly preferred.
5. ARM, CPCU preferred