Service Account Manager (Remote - East Coast) at Pure Storage
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage is actively seeking a Service Account Manager (SAM), passionate about customer relationships and success, to drive customer satisfaction and be a trusted advisor who personalizes each customer’s Pure experience. As a key member of the Pure Customer Experience team, you’ll support our largest and most strategic accounts.
This role is responsible for owning the customer service delivery relationship, managing on-boarding, support, services, adoption, training, renewal and maintenance tracking, up-selling, customer satisfaction, and education. You will be the customer advocate, bridging communication between various business functions within Pure. This role is essential to providing best-in-class service and support to enable successful deployment, delivery, and value realization of Pure products and services. You will have a deep understanding of the customer's environment, in order to proactively reduce support incidents, promote system health, and deliver effective solutions to both technical and non-technical end-users.
IN THIS ROLE YOU’LL…
- Own the overall customer service delivery relationship, orchestrating the customer experience in our largest and most strategic accounts
- Responsible for service delivery of: inventory management, best practice guidance, support engagements, and customer training opportunities
- Communicate service updates regarding support escalations, incident tracking, problem identification, root cause analyses, and issue resolution
- Serve as customer advocate and effective conduit into various internal teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management, Legal, Finance, and executive leadership
- Use executive level communication skills to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor, advocate, and subject matter expert through regular operational and strategic management reviews, including proactive risk analysis, deployments, migrations, capacity planning, and expansions
- Accelerate customer’s business priorities and operational objectives through analyses of environment, roadmap, and IT initiatives
- Craft and deliver strategic customer experiences that increases customer contract value, customer satisfaction, and brand loyalty
- Collaborate with internal account teams to identify new, customer-inspired opportunities and business solutions
- Manage and coordinate Pure implementations within prescribed change control windows
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding and knowledge of Pure’s products and services
- Participate in sales and services growth planning, technical and support escalation sessions, root cause analysis delivery, and customer training opportunities
- Conduct quarterly on-site review and roadmap discussions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Experience in a customer satisfaction/success focused environment
- Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrixed environment
- Excellent collaboration, organization, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to technical/non-technical audiences, and explain business impact through reports and presentations to customer and Pure leadership
- Demonstrated ability to handle critical issues, drive discussions, and present internal and customer issues at the executive level
- Ability to manage multiple customers, projects, and tasks, with effective time management capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 5 + years experience in customer success, professional services, or similar roles preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge of the storage or adjacent industry
- ITIL, PMP, PMI, or Six Sigma certifications are a plus
- Previous Salesforce/ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Must be located in Eastern US area
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.