Senior S&OP Manager, Sales & Operations Planning at Flexport (Atlanta, GA)
We are looking for an Senior S&OP Manager to join our global Business Operations team in North America. The team’s mission is to empower Flexport to achieve comprehensive business plans. In this role you will play a key part in building out and running Flexport’s global S&OP process, and developing tools to facilitate effective capacity planning across different parts of the business. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across many groups including Global Operations, Data Analytics, Sales, Account Management, Procurement, and Finance.You will:
- Develop the short term and medium term Shipments forecasts for Ops - both the departures and arrivals views for Origin and Destination Ops planning
- Work with Data Analytics on and improving accuracy of the forecast
- Run weekly cadence with regional ops teams to review the forecast, identify any capacity risks and help develop mitigation plans
- Install feedback loops to coordinate cross-functional collaboration, plan adjustments, and consensus activities
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to tools and technology to capacity management processes
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance demand planning and S&OP process capabilities
- Support ad hoc analyses and scenario planning for Ops capacity decisions and related workstreams
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or related field is required.
- 7+ years experience in supply chain, business operations, analytics, or operations roles.
- Experience with operating a robust demand planning process
- A passion to dive deep into complex supply chain problems to really understand root causes and key drivers across different services and geos, and design effective solutions
- Ability to structure complex problems, break large projects into bite sized chunks, and simplify the complex.
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis of large datasets, with the ability to distill, visualize, and communicate insights. SQL fluency preferred
- Strong project management skills, managing timelines and deliverables effectively, and fostering accountability across teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and to present complex concepts succinctly
- Experience with S&OP tools, and process design is a plus
- Ability to influence and build credibility with leaders in Supply, Demand, Sales Ops, Data Analytics, and Finance to drive effective solutions
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience in logistics, transportation, retail, or manufacturing industry is preferred
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.