Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The role of Senior Sales Manager, Managed Services will focus on Enterprise Partnerships and refine and execute our current go-to-market strategy for our Managed Services offering. This consists of partnering with our Enterprise Expand teams to identify and pitch large program opportunities, and partnering with our Outsourced Solutions operations teams and Channel Partners to scope, price, and market Managed Services delivery solutions.
Working directly with the VP of Talent Solutions, this role will be focused on developing relationships with executive stakeholders within our existing Enterprise clients and their Account Managers, getting to know relevant Enterprise and Strategic companies and selling Upwork's Managed Services offering. You will actively prospect and close Enterprise clients on Managed Services agreements and drive programs to launch to build and execute upon our Enterprise Managed Services funnel.Your Responsibilities:
- Develop and refine Managed Services go-to-market strategy and revenue plan
- Maintain and develop high level of fluency across Upwork's Enterprise & Large Program offerings and demonstrate expertise to Enterprise stakeholders, Upwork Account Managers, and other internal Channel and support partners
- Position yourself as a thought leader within Managed Services, BPO, and Outsourced Solutions and be keenly aware of industry trends as a trusted and valued resource
- Create prospect lists through existing relationships, new strategies and relationships, incoming upsell clients, and marketplace opportunities
- Engage in outbound prospecting, including industry conferences
- Partner with internal operations, finance, legal, and other necessary stakeholders to scope and price projects, deliver proposals to prospects and win deals
- Nurture client stakeholder relationships to minimize time to spend after contracts are signed
- Engage in internal stakeholder training + Development of New Managed Services strategies
- Develop and enhance Managed Services marketing collateral, including website presence and recent case studies and success stories
- 5 years of sales/business development experience
- 2+ years in a Managed Services coverage role
- Proven track record of selling services into Enterprise clients
- Deep rolodex of industry relationships
- Passion for building and scaling brands through data-driven performance digital marketing strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Some travel required
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.