Senior Sales Engineer at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Solutions Engineering team
Our Solutions Engineering team is committed to ensuring all Karat clientele are building and executing fair, predictive technical interviews. Working closely with Customer Success and Sales, we use our technical expertise to advise our clients on Karat’s approach to interviewing, and how it can best serve their needs.What you will do
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will be the key technical point of contact for any new prospects in the region. Our clients will rely on you to understand their hiring process, company and team make up, and performance needs in order to build a high-performing interview plan. Partnering with Alignment and Sales Engineers, you will analyze data, develop proposals, and strengthen the partnership between Karat and our clients.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are looking to hire candidates located in the United Kingdom. This position requires approximately 10% travel to meet with client teams (currently on pause due to COVID-19, but will open up when safe). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- With your technical expertise and background, help drive sales engagements from initial pitch to close.
- Attend meetings with client-facing teams in order to speak to the merits of our interview methodology and approach. Address technical concerns up front and bring those discussion points back to our engineering, product, or content teams in order to help with product prioritization, ultimately maximizing the value of the Karat product.
- Work closely with the sales, account management, and customer success team from meeting prospects to share Karat’s solution all the way to setting up the first interview for each new customer.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Technical Account Management and Sales Engineering teams internal processes by identifying new areas where we can provide value to our clients.
- 5+ years in Sales Engineering, Technical Account Management, technical consulting, or similar professional experience
- Previous experience with enterprise SaaS/B2B companies, especially with clients ranging from mid-level to Executive leadership
- Understanding of software development disciplines, teams, methodologies, etc highly preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL and data analysis highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Previous experience hiring, interviewing, and/or mentoring Software Engineers a plus
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].