Senior Sales Development Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Sales team brings our Global on-demand talent platform and solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. More companies are moving towards flexible workforce solutions and many are using online talent platforms to embrace this shift. Today 40% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done. We are looking for a motivated Senior Manager of Sales Development for our Expand team with experience in building and leading teams responsible for qualifying opportunities for Sales Acquisition teams!
Our Sales Development team generates new business leads for the sales team by engaging with executive buyers to qualify leads. In this role you will partner closely with our Enterprise Account Executive team to develop new business opportunities with some of the largest companies in the world and help grow our Enterprise Sales revenue. If you are passionate about leading and mentoring sales teams while executing against your quota we’d love to talk to you!Your Responsibilities:
- Recruit and manage a team of Sr. Sales Development Representatives and create a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching and training
- Develop strategic plans for identifying Enterprise opportunities within the team's book of businesses to achieve the company’s sales goals and gain new business
- You will be responsible for creating a detailed, accurate and predictable sales forecast; and lead teams to exceed sales quotas
- Monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- You will coach and mentor senior sales employees and have genuine passion to facilitate overall growth of your teams both personally and professionally
- You will work in an environment where communication is key. You will be expected to bring strategic and creative initiatives to your teams
- Drive and embody a winning culture with a bias towards action
- Bring your driven and competitive nature to consistently exceed sales and/or retention quotas of your team
- You have the drive, organizational and interpersonal skills to manage a group of sales development representative that make a high volume of daily outbound outreach to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic processes to increase team efficiencies
- You are Proficient in CRM + prospecting tools e.g. SFDC, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, Sales Navigator and bring deep understanding of prospecting, cold calling, objection handling and qualifying
- Proven experience in a sales management role or a comparable leadership development program and have sold an Enterprise Saas Product or a two sided marketplace and have previous experience as a business development representative, account manager, or account executive
- B2B sales experience with a deep understanding of crafting and encouraging an exciting team culture
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.