Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Senior Principal, Business Development
Gemini is looking for a Senior Principal, Business Development to grow our business in APAC by promoting Gemini’s unique value proposition in the financial space. This person will play a significant part in broadening Gemini’s reputation as a trusted, secure cryptocurrency exchange for institutional clients and will use a thoughtful, authentic, and knowledgeable approach to sales to both gain new business and to cultivate established relationships.
This position is full-time and will report into the Global Head of Business Development, and will work closely with Gemini’s global Business Development team.
- Build a best in class crypto exchange / derivatives platform via partnership, institutional sales, and product expertise
- Manage due diligence process for prospective and existing clients
- Manage client relationships across all institutional verticals through platform-wide and vertical-specific initiatives
- In depth knowledge of execution intermediaries (buy and sell side service providers) and how to effectively support them and nurture relationships with them
- Enforce meticulous operational risk management standards (Key Risk Indicators / Key Process Indicators) and identify, communicate and resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Experience in derivatives sales and ability to lead conversations with market makers for derivatives that the business may offer in the future
- Experience in listings, market share, volumes and market maker programs
- Excellent problem solver using MVP thinking
- 10+ years of experience in following areas: relationship management, partnerships, derivatives sales/trading, exchange services, listings, market share, pricing and licensing of market data
- In-depth understanding of the global cryptocurrency exchange ecosystem
- Outstanding executive level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a high growth, multi jurisdiction environment in capital markets.
- Strong technical knowledge of derivatives operations, advanced trading mechanisms, client/server architectures and ability to grasp systems and data flows quickly
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge from working in the APAC regulatory environment and/or directly with international regulatory agencies is a plus
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance and operational functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.