Senior National Account Manager Cox Communities at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
Cox Communications is seeking a Senior National Account Manager highly experienced in Business Development and Large Account Management. This role will personally negotiate long term, highly complex national contracts with Cox's IoT solutions within their assigned Market, Top 10 National Consultants and MDU Owners using their deep understanding of emerging technologies. This leader will identify opportunities to maintain and grow revenue for an assigned portfolio using a highly consultative sales approach. Develops strong networks with boundary partners and top executives in the MDU community.
Defines and implements the wholesale account strategy for assigned national strategic accounts; collaborates with the broader team to execute plans and tactics. Account strategy includes the establishment of Executive Account briefings, facilitates top to top executive meetings, show/event presence, and driving of media/PR visibility. Provides leadership, vision, and initially, dotted line development for the account executives establishing relationships with National Account customers locally for the purpose of satisfying customers and exceeding company revenue objectives. Helps set objectives for Account Executives to ensure achievement of National Account Strategy goals for Cox's IoT solutions by monitoring performance, providing training, feedback, coaching, counseling, and evaluating performance.
Senior National Account Managers support 5 of our largest MDU Owner/Builder consultant firms accounts ranging from $35-$65M. This leader will personally negotiate highly complex long-term agreements with top executives.
Cox Communities is the division of Cox that delivers solutions, value, and trust for MDU & SFU owners, managers, developers, and residents within their communities. The Cox Communities team acts as their client's trusted advisor by supporting them in reaching their business goals of optimizing rents, occupancy, and future proofing their properties.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for selling Cox's IoT solutions within our national relationships with assigned customers; identifying opportunities to maintain and grow revenue to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the account revenue base and identifies the appropriate course of action needed to protect and grow it.
- Defines and implements the wholesale account strategy for assigned national strategic accounts; collaborates with the broader team to execute plans and tactics. Account strategy includes the establishment of Executive Account briefings, facilitating top to top executive meetings, show/event presence, and driving of media/PR visibility.
- Provides leadership, vision, and initially, dotted line development for the account executives establishing relationships with National Account customers locally for the purpose of satisfying customers and exceeding company revenue objectives.
- Helps set objectives for Account Executives to ensure achievement of the Consultant Account Strategy goals by monitoring performance, providing training, feedback, coaching, counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Cultivates executive-level relationships within customer's organization, develops and delivers presentations as needed.
- Supports and leads competitive field efforts through the implementation of acquisition and win-back tactics as directed.
- Proactively identifies strategies and plans to address competitor activity in a very fluid, competitive market. Remains current on competitor activities, pricing, and product offerings, negotiation offers to highlight CCI's competitive advantages.
- Partners closely with Field Sales and Business Operations on planning and budgeting for functions. Partners with Pricing and Marketing to finalize profitable target offers and specials for large MDU customers.
- Serves as primary contact and escalation point for assigned National Accounts ensuring timely resolution of issues, build out, product delivery and relationship strength.
- Analyzes Return on Investment of various business scenarios; ensures that decisions align with CCI's best interests. Develops business cases to support recommendations.
- Develops and administers sales plans including identification of objectives and action programs to achieve overall business goals. Conducts tactical planning, standardized reporting, and feedback on effectiveness of existing sales plans.
- Work with Product Management & MDU Marketing to improve experience and drive increased resident /property owner loyalty.
- Work across internal and external teams to develop strategies, identify best practices and recommend improvements to training, systems and processes.
- Develops strong relationships with C-level officers (internal and external customers)
What's In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree and 10 years of related experience. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 8 years of related experience, or Ph.D and 5 years of related experience or High school diploma/GED and 14 years of related experience
- 5 years of business-to-business new business development experience.
- Experience with various Industry Events like NAHB IBS, BIAOC, BIASD, BIASC, HBACA, SNHBA.
- Strong executive presence with polished presentation and negotiation skills.
- Familiar with current Industry trends and competitive pressures
- Proven ability to collaborate with all affected internal teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and deal well with conflict.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and collaborative.
- Experience in complex large customer negotiations and sales.
- BA/BS degree in marketing/communications/business highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret business to business contracts.
- Good working knowledge of communications technologies
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.