Senior Manager, Salesforce at Hippo Insurance
Senior Manager, Salesforce
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About you: You're an experienced Information Technology leader with a background in growing a team from scratch. You are a hands-on technical leader, with a passion for tackling big problems head on
You have an extensive background in managing our CRM platform in a fast growing and complex environment. You take an agile approach to product management and development with an eye on automation and process improvement.
What You’ll do:
- Own and drive the enterprise application landscape at Hippo and create a product roadmap for our CRM and connected systems (Salesforce, AWS Connect, Verint, Gong).
- Gather requirements from business partners to inform our product roadmap and work with stakeholders to drive value while identifying opportunities for optimization.
- Lead a team of hands-on engineers, third-party specialists and system integrator partners to develop, test and roll out capabilities across the various systems, including integration with our cloud infrastructure and home-grown insurance systems.
- Consistently evaluate our current systems and partners to ensure that we are building a scalable enterprise platform that will grow with Hippo.
- Actively manage a high-performing team by recruiting excellent talent, developing and rewarding existing talent, managing efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership.
- Contribute to the development of the IT vision; translate the vision into short-/long-term goals and deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership role having managed multiple teams in a high growth environment with hands-on experience with enterprise systems.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with a deep understanding of CRM solutions and experience creating integrated and scalable systems.
- Strong managerial and decision-making experience with a proven track record of building and leading successful IT tools and teams.
- Ability to drive initiatives across IT organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- Effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.