Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Sales Operations Senior Manager supporting our Expand organization will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership to drive Enterprise customer account growth through the optimization of people, processes, and technology. You will have ownership of the processes, reporting and tooling supporting our account management and customer success organizations. In addition, you will act as a strategic partner by building strong relationships cross-functionally to accelerate the growth of the teams.Your Responsibilities:
- Build strong, consultative relationships with leadership in our Enterprise Expand teams, with a primary focus on account management and customer success
- Translate strategic customer growth objective into operational initiatives and build the roadmap to achieve the team’s goals
- Partner with leadership to continuously improve the sales process and drive sales productivity by adding valued features into our CRM and finding ways for sales to do their daily job in a more efficient manner.
- Assess team and account performance, leveraging analyses to provide actionable recommendations back to sales leadership
- Drive the territory design and management processes and partner closely with Sales Finance on quota setting for the organization
- Manage and develop a direct team as well as indirectly guide the efforts of cross-functional partners to ensure project work is completed effectively
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Marketing and Product to ensure execution against broader Enterprise initiatives
- Proven track record of establishing strong relationships with Sales leadership
- Ability to influence senior leadership in order to institute new sales strategies
- Deep expertise with sales strategy, methodologies, territory planning and design
- Experience with large program administration, including experience working with distributed teams across a variety of functions
- You are a strategic thinker comfortable working on complex problems with ability to understand the connectivity and impacts across cross-functional initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate difficult conversations
- Strong analytical acumen with ability to deep dive into data, extract insights and provide actionable recommendations back to the business
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.