Senior Manager, Global Deal Desk at Atlassian
The Senior Manager, Global Deal Desk is a key leadership role in our sales operations organization. This person works with leaders and key stakeholders in Sales and other cross-functional teams across Atlassian to support our Enterprise sales process. This role is accountable for the end-to-end deal lifecycle, from contracting to order, and everything in between. Your team spans the globe, and is a critical business partner to our sales organization as well as our partners - supporting pricing discussions, quoting, contract negotiations, ordering and invoicing processes. You are also the primary interface into the rest of the deal support organization, including legal, finance and product teams, in support of our high touch sales motion.
Atlassian is a dynamic, fast-changing, high-growth environment, and the Deal Desk team plays an integral role in supporting that growth. We are looking for an equally dynamic leader to help lead the team and support the continued evolution of our enterprise sales business.
More about you
What we want to get done:
- Manage a global team of deal desk and sales support analysts supporting our most complex sales engagements. Your team is responsible for the end-to-end Quote-to-Cash process, from quoting and contracting through provisioning and invoicing for all Atlassian Enterprise products.
- Ensure SLAs and deal management quality standards are being met or exceeded across the team. You'll work with our sales analytics and sales systems team to develop and continuously improve and refine your reporting and analytics tools and QTC processes to ensure we are delivering the best possible experience for our customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Partner with our counterparts in Legal, Finance, Product, Channel and Sales to ensure alignment on priorities and a smooth operating rhythm and engagement model across teams.
- Support pipeline review and deal review meetings with sales leadership, ensuring everyone is informed about deal status, blockers, potential slips or other details related to deal health.
- Support the deal review and negotiation process with your analysts. Provide support, guidance and best practices for customer engagement and deal negotiation.
- Monitor and manage the contracting and e-signature process workflow across teams, ensuring deals aren't stalled in approval workflows.
- Serve as an escalation point and help triage and resolve issues from your team as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Deal Desk month close and quarter close processes in coordination with Finance teams.
- Represent Deal Desk in project discussions and in our New Product Introduction process. You will help ensure new offers can be supported in our QTC systems and will be responsible for change management and process design when we introduce new products that break the Atlassian mold.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on Atlassian business, operations, and revenue policies for ad hoc troubleshooting of deal issues.
- Identify and champion QTC process and systems improvements, fostering a culture of continuous improvement within your team.
- Build a new team and establish operational processes for post-sales transactional support for our ELA and Enterprise customers.
- 7+ years in an order management, contract management or deal desk role, ideally within a high-growth technology company.
- 5+ years in a people management role in an operations function.
- 3+ years supporting the sales process for enterprise software, including familiarity with different software pricing and packaging models. We sell it all - perpetual, subscription and SaaS software, as well as services and education, but SaaS experience is a big plus.
- Experience using CPQ, contract management and order management tools, such as Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, DocuSign, SpringCM and NetSuite.
- Experience supporting direct and indirect sales models, including multi-tier channel sales.
- Excellent Diplomacy and negotiation skills - these are critical to managing engagements with stakeholders across sales, legal and finance, as well as with customers and partners.
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition standards.
- An extreme sense of ownership and responsibility. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute relentlessly. You get $#!t done.
- The leadership skills to build and motivate a team of new and seasoned deal desk analysts.
More about our team
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered hundreds of thousands of customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more pro-actively engage with our customers through targeted, value-added engagements that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle. The Deal Desk team plays an important role in supporting the "high touch" sales motions that complement the flywheel. We support the deal process for our complex transactions (Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs), MSAs, and M&A deals) from contracting to booking, strategically partnering with internal teams, partners and customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.