Senior Director of Department of Defense (DoD) Business Development and Sales (Washington DC)
Senior Director of Department of Defense (DoD) Business Development and Sales
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
As the Senior Director of Department of Defense (DoD) Business Development and Sales, you will report to the Vice President of U.S. Government Business Development. We are seeking a seasoned business development executive with a proven track record of leading and closing $100M+ opportunities; advanced knowledge of DoD acquisition programs; and domain experience in ISR and GEOINT.
- Identify, generate, and qualify new business opportunities to build and sustain a robust DoD opportunity pipeline.
- Develop and manage customer growth strategies and account plans for DoD services, combatant commands (COCOMs), and combat support agencies (CSAs) to drive new business growth and achievement of sales goals.
- Develop, grow, and foster trusted customer and partner relationships.
- Create strategies to influence and shape customer requirements and acquisition strategies.
- In partnership with key internal stakeholder teams (e.g., program, product, engineering, marketing, etc.) develop responses for requests for information (RFIs), market surveys, white papers, presentations, customer briefings, and customer demonstrations.
- Be a contributing force in the development and commitment to the work ethic, culture, and values of BlackSky and the performance driven culture of the business development and sales team.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 10 years of experience working with DoD services, COCOMs, or CSAs..
- At least 10 years of domain experience in ISR and GEOINT.
- At least 15 years of full-cycle business development experience with a concentration in technical and/or government sales
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Active Top Secret clearance and SCI.
- Master’s Degree in engineering/technology field or MBA.
- Military and/or federal civilian experience with Space qualifications.
- Experience in commercial remote sensing and earth observation industries to include sensors, communications, processing and production.
- Experience with Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) and/or Multi-Agency Contracts (MACs)
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits-eligible employees includes:
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental, and vision, plus contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Total of 5 weeks of paid leave including PTO, holidays, volunteerism leave, and our shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match.
- Professional development budgets.
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome space swag.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: