Senior Deal Desk Specialist - Remote at Talend (Baltimore, MD)
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:57 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 6, 2022
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data governance, is changing the way the world makes decisions. In order to compete and win, IT and business leaders need data that they can trust and understand instantly. Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all employees. It has made it possible to create innovations like the Talend Trust Score™, an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any data set.
Over 7,250 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry media.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
- Manage the order acceptance process including license provisioning
- Manage the contract signature process
- Review executed contract and order forms when necessary for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with the order acceptance policies. Additionally, ensure all documentation is in compliance with revenue recognition and other company policies
- Ensure accuracy of booking numbers and sales commission numbers in Salesforce.com
- Reconcile variances with the Finance teams (FP&A, Revenue Recognition)
- Drive standardization, simplification, and automation to increase efficiency and scalability
- Quickly develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the products, licensing models, and objectives of those operations
- Proactively establish relationships with internal clients to support key strategic initiatives and improve how contracts are managed throughout the Talend group of companies; Contribute to various internal operations and process improvement projects as assigned
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to provide training on Talend order processes to the field
- Provide coverage when other team members are on leave
Customer Contract Management:
- Book all contracts subject to applicable approvals and in accordance with Signature Policy
- Primary contact for all questions from all sources about contract documentation and customer accounts
- Merge prospect or customer accounts in Salesforce.com and NetSuite
- Merge or split up renewal opportunities according to company policies and depending on customers’ needs
- Support the Customer Care team regarding licensing questions
- Ensure that customer contract records in Salesforce.com are accurate, making manual adjustments where needed
- Research customer contract and/or license history in response to requests from the field or support. Make corrections where required.
- Maintain contracts repository for all customer and partner contractual documentation including renaming files consistent with Nomenclature policy.
- Manage customer accounts and approvals for changes to such accounts (e.g., correct naming convention is used in the system, name changes/assignments, etc.) based on company policies, and with guidance from Legal as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Law, Business Administration, or related competency
- 5+ years of experience in Order Management, Deal Desk, Sales Finance, and/or Sales Operations
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce.com (CPQ a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in dealing with commercial contracts in the SaaS or similar industry (Financial and/or Revenue knowledge a plus)
- Initiative-taker attitude, detail oriented, and analytical with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Hands-on mentality
- Out-of-the-box thinker with creative ideas for complex problems
- Ability to quickly gain expertise with new tools and the agility to adopt new systems that replace the old
- Show strong customer service focus, written and verbal communication skills, and experience in interacting with senior leadership and working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Global mindset and the willingness to support strategic deals across the entire company
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 6th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- 4th consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at [email protected]. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend SAS and its affiliates ("Talend") have an internal recruiting, or talent acquisition, department (“TA”). Talend may supplement this internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ("Agency"). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Talend employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties, Talend will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Talend, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Talend mailing address, fax machine, email address or any other means, directly to Talend employees, or to Talend's resume database will be considered Talend property and therefore will NOT be liable for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Talend or his or her designee. No other Talend employee is authorized to bind Talend to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Talend hereby specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of a Talend officer.
More Information on Talend
Talend operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA, Irvine, CA, Atlanta, GA, Boston, MA, Mendota Heights, MN and Philadelphia, PA. Talend was founded in 2005. It has 1514 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 34 open jobs at Talend, click here.
Read Full Job Description