Senior Customer Success Manager at Planet (Remote)
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Customer Success Manager to manage a strategic portfolio of accounts. Your mission will be to ensure that our customers derive the maximum value from Planet’s products and services, by quantifying value, driving adoption, identifying opportunities, developing strategic goals and objectives, and serving as a trusted advisor to the customer. You will act as the primary point of contact for your customers throughout their lifecycle with Planet while maintaining a human-centered approach. Ultimately, your goal as a CSM is to ensure that the value derived from the solution far exceeds customer’s expectations; as such, the role relies heavily on personal accountability for results, and a willingness to go ‘the extra mile’ for each and every customer.
- Customer focused mentality
- Strategic thinker - ability to think outside the box
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Problem solver
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction
- Lead onboarding and training of new clients
- Provide excellent customer support, ensure successful delivery of our services, and produce timely solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Coach and drive customers toward the maximum value application of Planet data alongside their business needs on a defined timeline, promoting methodologies and business practices that create customer experts
- Validate and champion the expansion and growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Engage and meet with customers for Executive Reviews in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs, opportunities and possible solutions
- Identify common customer challenges to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with the Account Executive, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Craft internal and customer-facing assets
- Drive customer references and case studies
What You Bring:
- Proven track record of successfully managing enterprise customer relationships or projects.
- Strong awareness of the customer journey and how a Customer Success Manager serves to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals
- Skillful verbal and written communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience building internal and external relationships
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Working knowledge of geospatial technologies, GIS, or Remote Sensing.
- Project management skills
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $159,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-REMOTE#LI-AP1