We are looking for a strategic, data-oriented, results-driven Strategic Customer Success Manager (CSM) to engage, retain, and enable a subset of Pluralsight's Strategic customers to fully utilize Pluralsight to achieve their desired business outcomes. This role requires you to be a strategic adviser focused on value, with a proven track record working with large scale customers, one who can develop strategy, drive usage and adoption, make Pluralsight's value visible and focus on ROI. A successful CSM builds impeccable relationships, and shows skill at achieving trusted adviser and advocate status in the customers' minds. You will work closely with your peer account executives and renewal manager to drive renewals and expansion opportunities to achieve best-in-class gross and net retention targets.
Who you're committed to being:
- Passionate about Pluralsight's mission to democratize technology skills
- Laser-focused on customer value
- A team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously
You will accomplish this by:
- Drive forward Pluralsight's Client Engagement Model to ensure customer and Pluralsight's mutual success. Take full accountability for your accounts in all aspects from onboarding to renewal. Anticipate customer needs and proactively mitigate risk throughout the customer life cycle, ensuring a frictionless renewal and negotiation process, and ultimately positioning your accounts for growth.
- Ongoing customer consultation - Successfully navigate, interpret, and leverage provided tools and systems to measure and report on customer experience, customer health, product utilization, and consumed content, and realization of value drivers. Take corrective actions in a timely manner based on this visibility, and make strategic recommendations to help customers be more successful.
- Influence change within customers to drive adoption of best practices and successful implementation.
- Prepare and facilitate business review meetings, enablement sessions, webinars, demos, and other strategic and supportive interactions to ensure a seamless renewal.
- A true team player, partners with sales, solution engineering, field marketing and professional services to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Predict and forecast risk, renewal and expansion within customer portfolio
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
- Meet and exceed quarterly gross and net revenue retention targets, or other targets defined by the business.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
Other experience you should have:
- Ability to perform a strategic discovery with customers, to uncover their business objectives, articulate the ROI around achieving those objectives, and then build a plan to achieve those outcomes.
- Deep understanding of a successful customer success motion - able to execute the onboarding & adoption process to drive customer health.
- Understanding of the SaaS environment with its respective opportunities, benefits, and challenges. This could include license management, training on software and technology, and applicable business processes and cycles, among other things.
- Self-identifies opportunities for improvement within the customer base and internally. Come up with creative solutions to problems beyond provided playbooks. Take the initiative to make change.
- Organized and capable of highly effective time management in an entrepreneurial environment. Ability to effectively prioritize time and talents, and to give effective presentations
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced professional strategic sales environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills at the C-Level.
- Basic technical knowledge on development and IT solutions. Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and derive solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills & listening skills.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent professional experience
- 5-7 years of progressive customer success experience or similar field (sales, pro services, consulting, technical enablement)
- Ability to travel 50%
- Experience with Gainsight and Salesforce.com preferred