Senior Customer Success Engineer at PagerDuty (Remote)
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Overview of the Role
We are seeking a Customer Success Engineer (CSE) to work alongside Customer Success Managers (CSM) to understand customer requirements and drive all technical aspects of the post-sales engagement with customers. As a CSE, you will play a key part in guiding PagerDuty's customers toward the successful adoption of our platform. It's a highly technical role that also requires customer-facing skills. You will be part of an overall customer account team helping customers along their journey, ensuring they continue to realize the value of PagerDuty. You are going to be dealing with technical users and complex issues, but you're also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with. This is an ideal role for engineers looking to move into a customer-facing role.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of common monitoring tools and practices, technical aptitude in automation, SaaS & cloud technologies, operations & infrastructure setup, as well as experience interfacing with highly technical customers. The successful candidate for this job will have a strong analytical mind frame, a thirst for learning new things, is genuinely interested in technology, and a strong self-starting, proactive mentality.
- The Customer Success Engineer is a primary technical advisor to our customers for all things digital operations. They possess a deep understanding of the PagerDuty platform as a technical solution and how it fits within the larger digital operations workspace.
- Lead discovery sessions with customers to assess and analyze inefficiencies in existing tooling, processes, and operations within and outside of PagerDuty.
- Apply product knowledge to advise on optimal solutions for streamlining and improving tooling, automation, processes, and operations in PagerDuty.
- Develop custom PagerDuty architectural and integration designs that support customers' business and technology initiatives while taking into account complexities and customizations in the customer environments.
- Consult on designs of custom integrations using product, API, and best practice knowledge.
- Lead technical conversations to influence and improve product adoption while advocating general digital operations best practices.
- Own and increase product adoption metrics across multiple customers at the same time.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers as the primary technical contact in supporting large-scale onboarding and general customer lifecycle initiatives.
- Collect and organize feature requests and prioritize them with product owners, while balancing PagerDuty's desire to move customers along our product roadmap. Provide insight to the customer regarding our product roadmap and how the new features can be applied to their business.
- Create automations that can be used to accelerate repetitive tasks, both specifically for customers as well as for a central repository of tools for wider usage.
- Interface with multiple internal stakeholders, such as product, sales, professional services, and engineering.
Requirement Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of similar experience in software/technology.
- Experience implementing new systems, integrations, and processes at scale.
- Knack for grasping technical concepts quickly.
- Keen sense and eye for technical details: you don’t like not knowing something and are willing to go the extra mile to educate yourself and full-proof your product knowledge.
- Well organized and have the ability to keep track of and balance several customer engagements at the same time.
- Team player that works across multiple teams and departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing product and environment.
- Enthusiasm for tackling complex challenges with tactical solutions.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and risk assessment skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary.
- You know and understand our space or you’re already a fan of our products!
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, computer networking, Linux, REST APIs, and command-line interfaces (CLIs).
- Experience with cloud products (SaaS, PaaS, and/or IaaS).
- Proficiency with popular monitoring platforms (New Relic, Nagios, Datadog, Splunk, etc.) and ITSM tools (ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Jira, etc.)
- Familiarity with Automation, CI/CD, DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) processes and tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Rundeck, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of SSH and WinRM remote authentication protocols.
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.PagerDuty Offers
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity; CultureAdditional Information
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.