We are disrupting the status quo and leaving legacy thinking behind. From breaking down industry barriers to shaping the future of how the world works—we believe our growth is limitless. At our core, we are visionaries, builders, and innovators bent on tackling challenging and rewarding work. Innovation shouldn’t stop at technology, that’s why we shape our values, culture, and community around people, not outdated conventions. Join the cloud-native revolution.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
At the heart of our work here at Automox is our drive to raise the world's security confidence.
We are seeking a motivated Customer Success Engineer to join our team. You will evangelize our modern security patching cloud platform to prospective and existing customers. You will assist in deploying and integrating our modern security patching cloud platform to customers. This role requires self-motivated individuals and great teammates who are passionate about SaaS software and this space. Successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to effectively interface and communicate to fellow IT and Security Ops managers and levels up to the CTO.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to educate customers in the use of the Automox platform
- Build customer trust and relationships through education and technical leadership. Work closely with CSMs partner as the technical expert to maximize customer outcomes
- Lead Technical Delivery efforts with Sales/Customer Success and Support counterparts
- Drive new and innovative ideas to enhance Automox’s onboarding program
- Research and evaluate technologies, create white papers to create new knowledge base articles that capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end-users
- Bring a great attitude as we develop a new services team and all the fun that comes with making a part of creating meaningful customer experiences
- Escalate issues to Support Engineering or Engineering in a timely manner for resolution
- PowerShell or Bash scripting, although your day-to-day will be more varied
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10 years of technical experience supporting customers as a Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, Systems Engineer or Architect, or other solutions role
- Expert knowledge and experience managing either macOS, Windows, or Linux
- Aptitude to understand and write PowerShell and/or Bash code
- Previous experience with configuration management tools. (MECM / Jamf / Chef / Puppet / Ansible, or like toolsets)
- Self-starter, proactive, motivated, responsible with a passion for customer engagement
- Ability to work toward common goals in a self-directed team environment
- Comfortable with, and enjoy, solving complex technical problems, you don’t get frustrated with complexity or difficult customers
- Ability to convey/articulate value-based propositions at various levels of technicality based on audience. (From Sys Admins to C-level)
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally, lead projects, and make things happen
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all of which impact where someone might come in on the range. Minimum base salary - $100,000
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.