Advantage|ForbesBooks has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Brand and Media Specialist with experience managing client service projects with a cross-functional team. Advantage works with top-tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the Authority in their industry, community, or marketplace. The Senior Brand and Media Specialist should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, persuasive, consultative, and enjoy working collaboratively with others while advocating for Member goals and upholding execution standards.
The Senior Brand and Media Specialist will work closely with our global strategy team with continued mentoring and training opportunities with our VPs of Brand & Media Strategy. The Senior Brand and Media Specialist will drive the successful execution of member deliverables, from book creation and publication to complementary marketing services, delivering raving fan experiences and increasing renewal/upsell revenue.
The mission of the Senior Brand and Media Specialist is to coordinate the delivery of publishing and marketing projects, working with editorial, graphic design, publicity, social media, content marketing, and web development teams, both internal and external. The Senior Brand and Media Specialist serves as the project owner for their collective members and is the responsible party for ensuring cross-functional teams deliver their elements of the project on time. The Senior Brand and Media Specialist works cross-functionally to provide necessary inputs for completion of work, track project expenses, forecast upcoming work, allocate resources, and keep projects up to date and moving forward. Additionally, the Senior Brand and Media Specialist works in a consultative capacity with assigned members to ensure goals are established while coaching towards success.
- Serve as Account Manager for an average of 25-35 simultaneous members. Our C-level members require precise execution of publishing and marketing deliverables along with a true champion and coach throughout the process. You will organize, plan and manage the execution of deliverables with various internal and external teams. This requires excellent communication skills and an ability to manage changes in timing, budget, and scope.
- Ensure >95% project milestones are delivered on time to the Member. Manage the prioritization and workflow of all projects to ensure target timelines can be achieved. Communicate client details internally and externally to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Proactively work with senior level members of the team in consulting and coaching members about ways to amplify their results and intended outcomes through our Authority Marketing systems and programs. Success will be reflected by a member’s retention and overall satisfaction in our marketing systems and programs. Metric of success is revenue from upsells and renewals.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Professionalism / Executive Presence. Ability to confidently represent solutions internally and externally to achieve the ideal outcomes for both the member and organization.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years of experience in project management, account management or a related field from a marketing, advertising or media agency environment.
- Must have passion for Account Management. A proven track record of success in managing clients/projects/campaigns is a MUST.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Must be resourceful and able to overcome obstacles on his/her own.
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Previous experience working directly with clients at the C-Suite level
- Flexibility to change and adapt to new processes, with a problem-solving mindset.
- 4-year degree required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This is a remote-enabled position. This role regularly uses a laptop as well as online cloud-based file management systems (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and participates in online video-based (Zoom, Google Meet) calls. This role may, on occasion, need to use standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, and telephone. Near visual acuity is required in order to work with computers.
- May occasionally require the employee to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee should be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Employee may be occasionally required to perform light to moderate lifting of office supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Advantage|ForbesBooks is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental/Vision program, 401(k) with company contribution and other nice perks. Advantage has a solid reputation for being a great place to work and we highly value the commitment and contribution of those on our team.
Our office is located in Charleston, South Carolina. Position reports to the VP of Marketing & Member Success. Team Members are eligible for health, dental and vision benefits the first day of the month after thirty (30) days of employment. Eligibility for all other benefits is at ninety (90) days of employment.