Senior Account Manager, Demand at Sovrn
About the Team
The Sovrn Demand team's ultimate goal is to maximize the revenue of our diverse and independent publisher network through our strong relationships with brands, agencies, and DSPs. We strive for world-class customer service by empathising with our partners, providing data-driven insights, and using our understanding of Sovrn’s products to identify unique opportunities for every partner. We are self-starters and collaborative, find creative solutions to unique problems, provide crucial feedback loops that inform the direction of the wider business, and most importantly — we are curious and love to learn.
About the Job
The Senior Account Manager primary role is to cultivate the relationships with our Demand Side Platforms. You will serve as the day-to-day contact for these partners, understand their business needs, identify product opportunities, collaborate with internal teams to optimize the partnership, and analyze data to provide actionable insights and recommendations. You will work closely with the Agency Sales, Product Operations, Product, and Data Science teams to execute on your initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide demand partners with a trusted point of contact who understands their needs and will address their issues in a timely manner
- Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics and business trends for distribution to partners and internal teams
- Aggregate data from our internal reporting tools to understand business trends and identify opportunities
- Actively engage in cross-team initiatives and act as the internal advocate for demand partners by representing their needs and perspectives
- Develop a strong understanding of the Sovrn Exchange technology and RTB auction dynamics to serve as Level 1 support for our partners
- Develop and present data-driven, strategic Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs)
- Travel to industry events and partner meetings (when it’s safe to do so)
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. You proactively recognize and act on opportunities while supporting clients. Above all, you love learning and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Account management experience, preferably working with DSPs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A deep appreciation for a cohesive team and ability to maintain composure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to read, organize, and analyze large data sets in order to identify trends and develop actionable recommendations
- A passion for problem solving and turning challenges into opportunities for business growth
- An interest in and willingness to learn the technical underpinnings of how to build, maintain, and grow a thriving digital business
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with current ad tech landscape and Sovrn’s place and value proposition in the market
- Internet savvy and strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM, sql)
- Ability to put together and present high quality presentations in PowerPoint
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets (Vlookups, Formulas, pivot tables, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent professional working experience
This position reports to: Director, Demand
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the total compensation for this role includes an annual base salary range of $80,000 to $110,000 plus variable compensation for an annual on target earning (OTE) of $90,000 - $135,000 for Boulder/Denver Colorado. The OTE reflected is based on 100% quota attainment. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.