SDR Manager - Mid-Atlantic, USA at Planet (Remote)
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a remote Sales Development Manager in the Mid-Atlantic who has a passion for coaching SDRs and building pipeline. This key role will work closely with the Global Director of Sales Development, the Sales Development Operations manager and marketing to develop pipeline across America, Canada and South America. You might be a great fit for this role if you are a natural motivator that inspires team members to achieve ambitious goals and is also a highly effective verbal and written communicator.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Coach and mentor a team of 6+ SDRs to secure high-quality meetings with senior executives, driving the team to meet or exceed KPIs for inbound and outbound channels
- Manage your teams portfolio of opportunities to meet and exceed pipeline coverage targets
- Partner with field marketing to execute the GTM strategy within your territory, including email, phone, webinars, and social messaging
- Become an expert on Planet markets and suite of products. Scale your knowledge to support and enable your direct reports to ultimately grow as AEs or CSMs and achieve targets.
- Own and drive execution of Planet’s pipeline targets by analyzing top and mid funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue won across verticals within your territory
- Partner closely with leadership and HR to hire, onboard, coach and develop talent
What You Bring:
- 3+ years as a quota carrying individual contributor in B2B sales with 1+ years of experience in management or 7+ years in a non-SaaS management role with 3+ direct reports
- Experience building pipeline with inbound and outbound SaaS models (ASP $25K-$500K)
- Develop and deliver structured coaching and enablement based on best practice prospecting methodologies, product knowledge, and market dynamics to your team
- Maintain reporting on individual and team performance for KPIs and OKRs as well as identify new leading indicators for growth
- Manage your SDR team with a metrics-based approach, leveraging data to inspire, iterate, and educate during 1:1s and coaching sessions
- Lead with empathy and enthusiasm for a high-growth team that is mission driven
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Evidence-based track record leading a SDR team that has overachieved its quota within a B2B SaaS sales cycle
- Player-coach skillset to enable, coach, and support a growing outbound team to perform at world-class levels. This includes shadowing calls, messaging and call script development, constructive feedback loops and building strong alliances with the sales organization.
- Understanding of MEDDPICC and Command of the Message methodologies with the ability to create enablement and playbooks for the SDR team
- Knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Groove, Pathfactory and email automation tools
- Domain expertise in GEOINT, satellite imaging, or remote imaging. Previous vertical experience in: agriculture, CPG, Energy, or state and local government a plus
- Experience prospecting or selling into F500 or global strategic accounts
- Experience with Account Based Marketing and social selling methodologies
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,100 - $159,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.