Sales Trainer at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Paylocity has one of the most dynamic, passionate group of sales trainers around! They are knowledgeable, they are savvy, and they are committed to the success of our Sales teams! The Sales Trainer develops material and trains new and existing sales staff. The key element to our approach is that salespeople receive standardized training that is well documented. New salespeople attend a 6-8-week training class conducted by the Sales Trainer consisting of classroom training, role playing, and field shadowing. Additionally, the Sales Trainer will conduct ongoing training workshops and sessions for the existing sales staff and sales management team to foster retention of subject matter and continued learning.
Reports To: Manager, Learning and Development Sales
- Use current materials and develops new training materials and presentations to deliver training to new and existing salespeople in the areas of payroll, human resources, time and labor management, and overall sales skills.
- Work effectively as a member of a team to share ideas and help other team members at times develop training material and delivery.
- Work well independently to create own training plans and materials either by enhancing existing materials or developing original documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all personalities and has a strong desire to help and nurture new employees.
- Evaluate new sales staff and communicates their progress to the respective managers. Work with managers to ensure sales staff receive supplemental training when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a sales training role is a MUST but this can be either explicitly AS a sales trainer or an experienced sales professional with a strong history of mentoring and training while selling or managing
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively to a multitude of personalities.
- Effective communication is the cornerstone of this position for the Sales Trainer must be able to teach new concepts to new and current employees in a manner that the employee will understand and retain.
- Strong writing skills and creativity are also critical to be able to communicate effectively in the training documentation and presentation.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new concepts
- Positive attitude
- Because much of the training conducted by the Sales Trainer relates to payroll, payroll experience is preferred, but not required.
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.